Chapter 35 - cant remember

Cristiano

From the pounding head, vomit taste in my mouth and dehydrated feeling I figured I must have been drinking heavily last night.

My throat felt like sandpaper. It hurt to even move. At least the curtains were still closed, I was always adverse to bright light when I was hungover. Perhaps I could sleep it off.

I curled under the duvet and closed my eyes. With my brain still struggling to recover anything from the previous night, I tried to fall back into my relaxed sleep which sadly failed miserably. I haven't got a clue what time it is but I'm guessing it's still early or else I would've been woken up by my alarm clock by now.

I wrapped myself in the duvet, waves of nausea adding to my misery. My phone pinged with a message notification, which I chose to simply ignore. My brain felt like it would swell beyond the capacity of my skull and now my dehydration was too obvious to ignore.

Sniffing the bed sheets, I'm immediately greeted by the sweet aroma of roses, Strangely I've become very addicted to this aroma lately.

Wait a minute, even though I'm in a heck of a hangover right now I would be able to recognize this smell no matter what state I was in.

Why the fuck does my bed smell like Melissa.

Something clicks in my head and my eyes are open, my body shoots up and I scan the space I'm in. Fuck, this is definitely not my bedroom. My heart continues to beat at a rapid speed and there is a buzzing in my brain and together they are as panic with jump-leads. After examining each corner of this room I slowly begin to realize where I'm at.

I leisurely glance over beside me, reluctant on the chance of actually finding her sleeping figure there, only to thankfully be greeted by it an empty space, I'm currently shirtless but my pants are still on, thank god, at least I know for sure we didn't have sex while I was drunk. I would never forgive myself if that happened.

What the fuck happened yesterday. All I remember is Ricardo dragging me to that damn party and me agreeing to have only one drink with him. Surely that was not the case. I feel like I was hit by a bus.

My phone annoyingly dinged yet again and I began to look for it to shut it off. It didn't take too long before I found it on top of the nightstand.

Okay, that's definitely not my phone. I quickly identify it as the phone I gifted Melissa so she was able to contact me whenever she needed. Who the hell could be texting her, as far as I'm aware, I'm the only one who has her number. Curiosity got the best of me and before I knew, the object was in my hands.

One simple press on the home button and burning rage hissed through my body like deathly poison. How the hell did that idiot get her phone number.

Before I could stop my actions, my eyes were already reading the texts that the douchbag had sent Melissa just now. How long have these two been exchanging messages?

Ricardo

"The party sucked, perhaps if you had come along it would've been better." ~09:05am

"Next party I'll make sure you come."~09:06am

My fists began to clench and my jaw rooted. I placed the phone back where it was before I did something I would regret later. Only god knows how much I was dying to find out whether this had been going on for long or if it was something recent, and especially what they texted about.