Chapter 18 - tingly

Melissa

The sun is hidden by the several clouds that covered the sky this morning. It's of one those days that you just want to stay in bed, in comfortable clothes and read a book. And that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm in bed reading my all time favorite.

I've completed all my chores, washed all of the napkins they were going to use on the party tonight and cleaned each corner of this room. Junior went out with his grandma and his aunt, after begging to let Clary tag along, me and Cristiano had no other choice either to agree, they'll only get back at around 7 in the afternoon.

I've been living here for pretty much over a week now, and as incredible as it may seem, I'm enjoying every second of it, more than I ever thought I would. And Junior, according to his father, he went through an amazing recovery and is back to being the boy he was before the incident. Everyone including Cristiano are treating me nicely. I mean... Everyone except from Marta, who doesn't even look at me when I speak to her. But that's just the way she is, and I guess I just need to get used to it.

The days are passing by incredibly fast. But I reckon it's for the best, I can't get used to a life that doesn't belong to me. I belong in the city, along with Amanda.

"Okay that's enough." I say to myself. "I'll run around the lake, it's better than if I stay here overthinking.

I get up and say say goodbye to the sedentary moment I was having. I put on some leggins followed by a sweatshirt. I tie my hair back, get myself a bottle of water and I'm off.
As soon as I start to run along the lake I start to feel a little bit light headed, I try to shake it off not giving it much attention and carry on with my run.

I jog for a few minutes but stop as I notice the actual size if the lake.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea."

"What wasn't a good idea Melissa?"

"What?" I startle. I look behind me and spot Cristiano sat on a bench under the shadow of a tree. With a notebook in his lap. "Oh sir, I'm sorry I didn't see you there." He looked different, maybe it was just the clothes, instead of the formal suits I was so used to see him wear, he had brown shorts with a simple white tshirt.

"I noticed, you almost fell in the lake when I called you, come sit down, you look tired." He points to the empty sit next to him.

I look tired? I've been running for less than 30 minutes.

"I'm sweating, I think I'd rather head inside and shower." That was the best excuse I was able to come up with.

"Don't be silly, just come sit down for a bit." I give in and sit on the bench leaving some space between us.

"I didn't know you would be here, I figured you would be at the bernabeu training for the match on monday." He looked surprised. I might not know alot about football, but thanks to Junior, I pretty much know all of Cristianos schedule.

"I went there in the morning. We were given the rest of today to rest. And while we're at it. You'll be coming to the match with us."

"Doesn't Andreia usually do that."

"She doesn't. Besides Junior wants to go so you'll be with him the whole match." I nod, it will be the first football match I've attended.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"You're a football Player..." he waits for me to continue. "Why are you always in your office, and in your computer."

Maybe I shouldn't have asked this, it's none of my business, but I'm curious, even after what happened with Junior, my boss is still putting his work in front of his son.