Chapter 9 - returning what isn't mine

While Cristiano and Clary slept on the bed, I stared outside the window. And looked back on the strange day I just had.

I pick up my purse from the table next to me and take out the magazine I bought from the restaurant earlier on that day. Opening the page where the man was mentioned. Now, reading it carefully.

-Beloved soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the most recognizable faces in the world. Now he's looking ahead to what comes next.

...Ronaldo has kept his privacy a priority, rarely giving anyone an inside look into the life of the world's most famous athlete. Speculation runs rampant on everything: Who is the mother of his son, also named Cristiano, who was born in 2010? Tabloids often ask the question. He won't say. And we don't care to ask. But he does give Maxim answers to a number of other questions...-

I stop reading, now there was no doubt in my mind that the boy I rescued on the lake is this celebrity's son.

My heart tightens, I've became so attached to this boy in the last few days that it hurts to think about leaving him.

I need to know where the father lives so I can go there, I'm sure it's not going to be easy, he's a celebrity, but tomorrow I will visit the library and do some research.

7:00am

Yawning, I shoved off the warm covers and made my first of several attempts at standing up. I somehow managed to make me to the bathroom. Thus my morning routine had begun.

I finished my shower and blow-dried my hair straight.

"Come one you two, it's time to wake up, I've got a full day ahead."

They both let out a loud squeal when I pulled the covers away from them. And I can't help but laugh.

"You're both staying with Miss Barbara today."

"Nooo, It's still early, I'm tired." She pulls the cover from my hand and covers her head again as the other human being on the bed doesn't move a muscle and remains with his eyes closed.

"Oh and you think I'm not? Besides, the two of you had like 8 hours of sleep, come on you lazy beans."

"Ah okay, but tomowow we are going to sleep till late, right Clis?" He agrees while yawning.

"Or else my pores of beauty won't shine" He says, mocking the voice of the woman in the park. We all burst into laughter. After we got home yesterday we obviously had to share that funny incident with Clary that had occurred earlier at the park.

"Unfortunately I don't think her pores will ever shine again." I say with a smile.

"It will, dog pee is a natural moisturizer." They start laughing and I can't help but join them.

"Okay, I think that's enough, if we don't hurry up I will be late for work, I have a full schedule today."

"Mel you never visited Mama again, is she okay?"

"Yes, princess, I'm going to visit her today, I need to sort out some stuff at the hospital." She nodded, but I knew she was disappointed she wasn't going to see her mother yet again.

I made an effort to cook some scrabbled eggs for the three of us, and must I point out, it was delicious.

Not too long after we were at Miss Barbaras house, her sister was also there, apparently, she was tired of the hospital so she came home.

"Watch where you're going!" An angry old woman swung her umbrella at me.

"Geez! I'm sorry!" I shout back at her. LSorry that you're such an old prune..." I mumbled as soon as she was out of earshot.