Chapter 38 - the stolen kiss

Melissa

Well, it was about a week and a half later, and I had made absolutely no progress in my 'get over Cristiano' mission.

Not going to lie, It was the longest 11 days of my life, since our 'talk' and our deal to be 'friends', things have certainly gotten weird between us, even weirder to be more exact, though our relationship turned strictly professional, and he barely looked at me. I couldn't just erase everything that happened between us with the snap of a finger.

At least due to his never-lasting schedule, I didn't have to worry about many unfortunate encounters with him around the house.

When he wasn't at the Bernabeu training for the upcoming match, he was inside his office shoving his nose in papers and in his hotel business or whatever it is that he does.

But inevitably, whenever I had to face him, I did my very best at pretending my heart didn't ache each time I saw him alongside Estephany. It was rather painful, yeah that's the word I could use to best describe it.

The model practically lived here now and did everything in her will to make my life ten times harder than it already was. Only when Cristiano wasn't around, obviously.

Sometimes I do in fact wonder if perhaps I would be happier back at the crappy hostel I used to live in, and if taking care of those stray dogs was easier than having to deal with Estephany. The more I thought about it, the more I missed my old life. Where I didn't have this much to deal with.

But one thing's for sure, if I had never lucked myself into this wild adventure, I would've never gotten my heart shattered by the infamous Cristiano Ronaldo. But again, I wouldn't have met junior, or Andreia who has grown to be an amazing friend lately. But was it worth it?

I wonder how Amanda is holding up there, I definitely should visit and check if she's alright. The guilt soon undertakes my body and I instantly regret not doing more to help her. She'll always be important to me. And I'll always worry about her. I'll try to stop by there before we leave for the champions league final.

Speaking of which, only 4 days left, almost a week before one of the most important days in football history arrives.

I'm not going to lie, I was never a sports fan. Despite my father being a total football addict, I never took interest in it. However, over the last few months, I gotta say, I had grown to like it and actually enjoy the thrill of watching a football match. So in all honesty, I'm just as anxious as they are for this finale.

"Hey, cupcake." A distant voice pulls me out of my thoughts, I divert my gaze to the direction of where the voice came from, only to find a smiley Ricardo leaning against the door frame.

"Oh hey!" I replied, getting back to what I was initially doing. Folding the rose perfumed laundry that I just finished ironing. "What are you doing here?" I tried to sound as friendly as possible, he approached me.

"Did you forget the picnic your sister and junior invited us all into?" He said completely baffled, yes I definitely did, my mind mentally remarked, only for the last few hours though. But I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Uh of course not." I grinned trying to sound certain of what I was saying. I was so caught up with my own problems that I let it slip through my mind.

"Do you happen to know if Mr. Aveiro will get here on time?" Not referring to him by his first name didn't feel right, as if this only enhanced the idea of the cruel reality. Him being nothing more than my boss.

I inwardly rolled my eyes and tried to focus solely on the man in front of me, now playing with the buttons on the washing machine like a little kid.

"Cristiano? I don't know, why do you ask?" He stopped messing around and looked at me with curious eyes.