Chapter 4 - savior

Melissa

I reluctantly opened my eyes, but immediately closed them again, with this irritating headache, I knew straight away it would be tough to get through the day.

According to my clock it's 5:06am. I sigh. Yes, I don't have a job, and yes, I could perhaps sleep for a few more minutes, but all I could think of was how I needed to find one as soon as possible.

Besides, I can't recall the last time I did something with Clary, I want to spend more time with my her. I hope she knows it's not my choice, if I could, I would spend the whole day by her side, being the sister she deserves and needs, but sadly I can't...

I glance at Clary next to me, fiding her still sleeping gracefully. I get up silently, leaving the room and closing the door afterwards.

I go through my cabinet, seeking for some medicine for my annoying headache, but all I find is an empty box. It's incredible how I managed to waste the whole packet in just a month. I shake my head. I guess I will have to endure this pain today.

"Mel? Im hunguy."- Clary stubbles towards me and I pick her up, I don't know what I would do if I didnt have this princess by my side, giving me strength and a reason to smile every single day. Its such a shame my mother isn't here to witness her daughters growth.

"I know angel, I'm going to make our breakfast now"- She nods, and wraps her arms around my neck, and I place her on top of the counter. She watches me attentively, throwing random questions here and there.

Once I finish, I hand her the warm chocolate milk and one slice of bread.

"Clary we should hurry up before you're late to school"-I warn her while washing up the dishes.

"You will take me to school today?"- She asks excitedly.

"Yes, I am."- I give her a warming smile, and she claps her tiny hands together.
The door opens, and I already know who it is.

"Hello my dears, how are you two feeling?"- She asks walking over to both of us, sealing a kiss on top of our heads.

"Miss Barbara, I am so sorry, I ended up forgetting to tell you yesterday that today I can take Clary to school."-

"But what about wolk Isa"- Clary asks, turning her attention to me.

"Its a long story princess, when we have time, I promise I will tell you"- She simply nods, focusing on her teddy bear yet again.

Barbara left soon after making sure we would be okay, and told me I could drop Clary at her house at around 7.

I quickly got her dressed, and gathered everything that I would need for the day.
While Clary couldn't hide her excitement from finally having her sister take her to school.

The small yet tiring journey was everything but tedious. Clary kept on dancing, singing, anything you could imagine, keeping me entertained the entire journey.

Her mood didn't change once we got to school, she gave me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Behave missy."

"Always."- She gives me a cheeky smile. And a final wave, and soon enters her nursery with the rest of her class.

I take out the newspaper I had picked up on the way here, and immediately skip to the job section. Just as I expected there aren't alot of choices. Most of them are just ridiculously far from here. It would take an eterny to get there.

For the next 5 hours, all I did was enter multiple shops, and get rejected by all of them, I must add, oh, and also walk around town under this boiling sun, I decide to call it a day, and head home, I'm exhausted.