Chapter 29 - not again

Melissa

"What? But we were inside the property!" I respond, trying to unwind the infuriated version of Cristiano in front of me.

How can someone change moods this quickly? Yesterday he was pleasant, sweet, but now... He had just threatned to fire me for something so insignificant.

"I looked for you everywhere, every corner of this house, I was worried, and when I finally find you, he's drenched in water." he points at Junior with flames in his eyes.

"Dad we were at the secret garden!" Junior says.

"Secret graden?" he asks me, ignoring his son completely.

"The garden you have behind the house, we weren't doing anything that could've possibly put him in danger." he continues to glare at me with a confused frown, making it obvious he wasn't aware that the garden even existed.

"Yeah dad it was really fun."

"Junior go inside now! Call Andreia to give you a shower."

"Why are you upset daddy, we were just playing."

"I'm not going to repeat what I said, go now!" The poor boy bows his head down and strolls inside the house.

"I wasn't kidding, if you two ever dare to disappear like this again, especially without telling anyone. I'll fire you!"

"He's just a child sir, it's good for him to go outside, breathe fresh air. He was happy! You could maybe try taking him out of the house more often."

"Who do you think you are to tell me how I should take care of my son." he yells that sentence and I shrink. I've reached his limit.

"You're right... I'm ..."

"Go take a shower. Meet me in my office once you're done." He turns his back and begins to walk away, but my voice stops him.

"Sir."  he glares back. "You're not the reason why I'm here, and I certainly didn't ask for this job." I state referring to when he came looking for me at my old house with the offer, pratically begging me to go work for him.

It looked like he understood clearly what I meant, since he took a deep breath and looked up to the sky, probably pleading God for some much needed pantience. He doesn't say anything in response and quickly heads inside.

I had to set things straight with him, he needed to know I do not depend on him. I really don't. I don't need him, in reality, he's the one who needs me. I had a job before him, and at least my old boss wasn't constantly finding reasons to argue with me. Dude, I worked with dogs, and I can guarantee that they were much more grateful than Cristiano.

I take a quick shower and do my personal hygiene, I wake Clary up and help her put on a jacket. The temperature had suddenly dropped drastically.

I left her with Junior and Andreia and finally nervously paced towards the office with my heart pounding hard against my chest. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." He's sitting in his chair, with his elbows resting on the table and his hands closed up in a fist.

I study his face as I sit on the chair in front of him. "What."

"Nothing, I'm just waiting for you to start yelling at me."

"I won't do that, I think you've heard enough. I suppose you now understand why I reacted the way that I did."

"Not really..." he sighs and walks closer to me, leaning against his table in front of where I was seated, his eyes drifted to my arm. "Did the bandage get wet? Do you need help changing it?" my mind was a dense puzzle.