Chapter 36 - no escape

Melissa

"You won't leave until you tell me everything that took place yesterday." Cristiano stated in a deadly tone making my bones shiver to my core.

"I-I..." I said nervously, suddenly finding myself trapped in a tricky situation. what the hell was I supposed to do now.

Telling him the truth is completely out of question, it would be beyond humiliating hearing that the words he uttered yesterday weren't real. He would probably laugh at my dumb self for perhaps believing what was said.

Sad to say, the words ran through my mind over and over again, like they were some annoying indie song I can't help but sing absentmindedly.

"Did something happen between us..." he asked. "Did we..." when he didn't finish I quickly understood what he was trying to impose.

You could have cooked a three course meal on my face. No-one could have missed the red in my cheeks.

"Melissa..."

"No nothing happened between us, you arrived late at night, completely intoxicated and fell asleep on my bed, that's it." I forced a smile in a subtle way to sound more confident when in reality I wanted the earth to open up and swallow me whole.

Why did I have to make such a big deal of what happened yesterday. He was obviously drunk and I doubt it would've happened if he wasn't under the influence of alcohol.

"Are you sure? Because from the way that you're acting, it surely doesn't seem like it." He asked, coming closer.

Have I mentioned before how intimidating he is? Because I feel like that's something that constantly needs to be remarked. Why is he so tall.

"Can we please just drop this?" I blurted out, and he took a deep breath, I waited for a mindless comment on his behalf over how agitated I was acting but thankfully it didn't come.

An awkward silence quickly settled within the room and I knew that was my cue to leave.

"Are we done here? Because I feel like we are." I began backing away towards the door. I just need to stay as far as possible from him and I'll be fine. With that in mind I placed my hand on the door handle but sadly before I managed to fully twist it until the end, he gabbed my arm yet again:

"You have got to stop doing that." I commented glaring at his hand, oblivious to how close we were. When I finally had the courage to look up I felt my heart drop to my feet. Someone explain to me how no matter what we do we always end up in this situation.

"Doing what?" He asked, not partially solving our dangerous proximity, it annoyed me significantly how much he affected me. Damn him and his unbelievably handsome features.

"This." I wave my hand around us indicating our current position, I waited for him to connect the dots as to what i was referring to but the clueless expression in his face told me otherwise.

"Forget it." I rolled my eyes. "Just let me get back to my job." my second attempt to escape was interrupted just like the first one, setting my nerves to the edge.

"Wait Melissa." before i realized I had yanked my arm from his grasp.

"What Cristiano, what?" he's a little taken back by my frigid tone, but tries to hide it. I've tried to keep my cool, liking or not, he's my boss but the things we've done are far from what a boss/employee relationship should look like.