Chapter 46 - i love her

"But I crave us huggin'
Yeah, I stay stubborn
'Cause I can't admit that you got all the strings
And know just how to tug 'em"

- I think I'm in love with you

***

They arrived back at the hotel not too long after the cup was raised and Real Madrid was declared champions of the league, the adrenaline had left his body completely and he was beyond exhausted, counting the seconds to be engulfed by the warmth of his bed.

Half of the team had already moved their celebrations up to their bedrooms, while some remained in the lobby, chatting away and eating some of the food the staff had left prepared for them, it was around eleven o'clock, but after the long match they had faced, it felt as if it was past noon already.

Cristiano sat with his mother on one of the comfortable sofas from the lounge, she had pulled him away from the rest to exchange a couple of words alone with her son.

After what she saw at the stadium she was now confident about all her initial presumptions about those two, and nothing would be able to change her mind. They just needed a little push and Ms. Dolores was optimistic if she forced some sense into her son's irrational mind, everything was going to be just fine.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Cristiano shot back, talking about melissa with his mother was something the Madridista did not plan to do any time soon, she wouldn't be able to understand their complicated relationship, and knowing exactly how she is, the woman would probably side with Melissa and give him a hard time for what he put the brunette through.

"Oh yes you do, what I saw after the match is not something I can just pretend I didn't see, in fact, everyone saw." Cristiano rolled his eyes, she was exaggerating, they just hugged. What was so wrong with that?

"You're seeing things mother." his eyes inevitably traveled around the space they were in and quickly landed on someone, feeling his heart get spiked with jealousy, he took in deep breaths trying to ignore it and focused on something else.

"I advise you to stop staring." ms Dolores chuckled, it was funny how he couldn't even hide it.

"I'm not staring, I just don't understand why she's giggling so much," he said bitterly, Ramos isn't even funny, why was she laughing like that.

With Clary in her hands sleeping, Melissa stood not too far away from the entrance, but that' wasn't what was bothering him. By her side, also stood Marcelo and Ramos.

The Brazilian wasn't the one that concerned him, it was the number 4 who Cristiano knew was in the middle of a complicated marriage and who saw no problem in using other women as a distraction.

"I'm going to go find my son." his feet made their way closer to the little trio that continued to laugh as if someone kept letting out a hilarious joke every 2 seconds, and when the players saw him approach, they both stopped laughing and grinned at Cristiano, what the hell was their problem, he wondered.

"Melissa where's junior."

"He went to the bathroom." she pointed towards the direction but he didn't stride.

"So I see you're good friends," he asked but his friends could sense a bit of sarcasm in his tone. Marcelo had filled Sergio in with what was happening between those two, and they had decided to provoke their teammate anytime they had a chance to make him open his god damn eyes to make him see what he had right under his nose.

"They were telling me about the time they dropped the cup while they were on the bus." She giggled mentioning it, she definitely had to find a video of that historical moment.