Chapter 57 - Touch me

We say we're friends, but I'm catching you across the room
It makes no sense 'cause we're fighting over what we do
And there's no way that I'll end up being with you
But friends don't look at friends that way
Friends don't look at friends that way

Tate mcrae -  that way

...

...

Cristiano

"Estephany,"

"I'm sorry to disturb you both, I just had to see this up close," I looked her in the eyes, trying to grasp the meaning behind those words.

"What do you want,"

"I just had to make sure you were really leading this poor thing on," her eyes landed on Melissa. "Piece of advice, Don't believe everything that comes out of that pretty mouth, he'll never want anything serious with someone like you," she said, her mouth dripping with poison.

"No one asked you for your opinion Estephany," I closed my hands into fists in a failed attempt to maintain my composure.

"What, Am I lying? After you have your fun with her, I know you'll get rid of her, just like every other girl you tricked into your bed and will come crawling back to me," I heard Melissa gasp in her seat, she couldn't be believing those fucking words she was uttering, could she?

"I never tricked anyone, so shut the fuck up," she took a sip of her wine and gave Melissa a haughty look from head to toe before gazing back at me. God, she's a total pain in the ass.

"Can't you see how embarrassing it is for you to be seen having dinner with your employee after dating me?"

"I don't give a fuck about what you think, now do us a favour and go back to whatever hole you crawled out of,"

"I'm just pointing out what everyone else here is thinking," she shrugged with a smug look on her face. My night had been officially ruined.

I tried to maintain my field of vision solely on Melissa in hopes looking at her would be able to keep me calm. But unfortunately, that didn't work so I tried to focus on keeping my breathing regulated, she was really getting on my nerves.

The last thing I wanted right now was to cause a scene but this woman was really asking for it.

"Get the fuck out of here before I make you," I barked, while Melissa hugged her arms displaying her discomfort.

"God you're ungrateful, I came here, with perfect goodwill, trying to make you see the skank you've got in front of you and this is the way you thank me," Estephany said with menace. "Life really is unfair," Before I managed to fully get on my feet, completely consumed with rage, a gentle touch on my arm, stopped me halfway, and I glared at her with flames in my eyes.