Chapter 30 - fooling myself

Cristiano

It's been a week since our champions league match, I had avoided Melissa as much as I could. But sometimes it was impossible since she's one of my employees and is always around Junior.

I was currently knocking on her door and inpatiently waiting for her to answer. When she did, I was met by a tired looking blue eyed brunette.

"I'm sorry to wake you up."

"It's fine, is there a problem?" she asks.

"No, I came to tell you that I signed your sister up in Junior's school."

"What? Why didn't you ask me first?" Okay, maybe I should've done that.

"I knew you would probably say no. But just think how easier it'll be like this. They'll be together. Her old school is way too far from here." She studied my face.

Must I point out how complicated it was at first to register her in that damn school, it's one of the best here in Madrid. If not the best. According to the attendant who I was speaking with, it was completely packed.

But as soon as I let them know who they were dealing with, in a matter of minutes they found somewhere to place Clary.

I eventually managed to relax Melissa, ensuring that it's for her own good, and that her sister will be way better off there. So after telling her what she should take in her small backpack, I told her that Clary should get changed straight away since the driver would be leaving at 7:30 am, and just then I left for the garage.

I breathed deeply realizing I was running late. Just what I needed right now.

I parked the car on my usual spot and proceeded to enter the stadium, hurriedly heading to the changing rooms, immediately finding practically the entire team already inside.

"Sorry, I'm late."

"Did that hot employee of yours have something to do with that?" Morata questioned, I glare at Marcelo, expecting to find guilt stamped in his face, did he say something? He raises his arms in surrender.

"Of course not!" I respond slightly raising my voice.

"Don't lie to us. What's going on between you two. We see the way you look at her. Besides, she's way too hot to be only your empl.. OUCH!" he massages his arm, where the water bottle I threw had hit him.

"Stop calling Melissa hot. And there's NOTHING going on." I inevitably remember how I told Marcelo that exact same thing and later that same day, I kissed her.

They all laughed at my evident irritation and I continued to get changed, ignoring their annoying snarpy comments.

I was the first one to leave the changing room and walk towards the field, Marcelo quickly caught up to me.

"I didn't tell them anything. They just guessed it on their own." I nod, knowing he was probably telling the truth. I just didn't know it was this obvious.

"We kissed again." I suddenly stated.

He remained silent for a few seconds before eventually beginning to laugh out loud in amusement. I stared at him, trying to understand what was so funny all of a sudden.

"And you still have the urge to say that you have no feelings towards her, just imagine if you did." He exclaims sarcastically.

"I'm back with Estephany, I gave her another chance."

After Melissa, Clary and Junior left. I had to hold back the anger that I was feeling, and tried to forget that she was the cause of all of the pain Melissa sadly had to endure, she didn't do anything wrong to deserve what happened.