Chapter 28 - back to stage one

Melissa

"Babe I missed you." I watched as she approached Cristiano and took his startled face in her hands.

All I could do was remain completely static exactly where I was. For some reason my eyes drifted away to the child standing in front of me, who wore a disgusted look on his face. Unable to watch their little make out session any longer.

"Mel can we go to my room?" Junior whispered evidently traumatized by what was happening. I nod feeling a strange burning sensation inside my chest.

We began to walk towards the stairs, he had already changed back to his old room, he was no longer on the one Cristiano had put him in after his accident due to safety precautions.

We stopped when someone spoke.

"Estephany wait." he held her arms, keeping her body away from him. "What are you doing here?" the woman smiled.

"Im here to see you silly." I wasn't expecting him to suddenly gawk at me. But he did, and all I could do in response was simply stare back, completely emotionless.

Estephany followed his gaze and released her arms once finally spotting me. "Melissa, just who I wanted to talk to." I sensed a bit of sarcasm in her tone but chose to ignore it.

"Estephany don't..."

"I wanted to apologize for what happened, I was drunk, I promise it wasn't my intention to purposely hurt you. are you okay?" I was never the one to hold grudges against someone, but there was something off about this woman that just made me flinch.

Eventually I gave in and nodded with a friendly smile, hoping it would end the conversation there so I could get out of this situation.

"Can we go upstairs daddy?"

"Aren't you going to say hello to your dads girlfriend?" Junior hid behind my body, basically using me as a human shield, while I held him close, knowing how much he disliked Estephany. At the beginning I imagined it was just a normal reaction you would probably get from any child when meeting their parents new lover. But now, I could see exactly where he might be coming from.

"Melissa take them." I bob my head at his order and avoid eye contact at all costs. How stupid was I to think that the kiss might have actually meant something. How naive.

I practically nagged the two up the stairs and quickly paced with the pair towards the room, sighing in relief once shutting the wooden door behind me, already inside Juniors giant bedroom.

The way I was feeling at that very moment, only made me question whether I made the right decision staying or not. I kissed my boss, my not single boss.

As much regret I was feeling, I couldn't deny how exhilarating it felt. His soft touch against my skin made me feel things never in my life felt before. I had finally experienced what those romance novel books described in so much detail.

Just recalling it made my heart flutter and my cheeks to slowly heat up.

After making an effort to forget what took place downstairs a few minutes ago. I started to play a board game on the carpet with Clary and Junior. At least this could distract me. We stayed there until the boy had an idea.

"Can we go outside? I'm tired of staying here."

"Can we, can we?" Clary asks excitedly.

I stared at both, not entirely sure what to do, I could go ask Cristiano, but I reckoned he was probably too busy with Estephany. Besides, we would be right outside.

Before anything, I made sure to let Andreia know where we were going to be, in case Cristiano noticed Junior wasn't inside anymore. When we reached the living room, it was empty, my boss wasn't there, neither was that irritating elegant woman. They probably moved to the bedroom, I presumed.