Chapter 48 - kiss me

We belong together
And you know it
Wine stained teeth and bloodshot eyes
Think we're both fucked up and that's alright
- we belong together

***

Melissa

"Hey" I smiled, but it quickly altered into a frown once noticing the look he had on his face. A very angry Look may I add.

Why am I nervous.

"What's taking you so long?" he asked bitterly. I glared at him trying to figure out why he was acting so cold but his eyes were focused on something else, more specifically on the man standing next to me.

"I was just—" I shrugged, trailing off.

"She was talking to me." Asensio jumped in, helping me.

Oh boy.

"Right... And why?" he raised his eyebrows in annoyance.

"I just came here to offer her some help on the tray, " I frowned yet again, he never mentioned anything about helping me, if he had done that our little conversation wouldn't have even taken place.

"Then why aren't you helping her?" Cristiano asked clenching his jaw. Aren't they supposed to be teammates?

"Cristiano..." I hissed at him.

"What?" he didn't even bother whispering, and I could only pray no one heard him.

"Uhh, I guess now that you're here you can help her." Asensio's voice was filled with amusement, he didn't seem at all upset that his supposed friend was talking to him with such a harsh tone.

I could hear what appeared to be muffled giggles behind me but I chose to ignore them before I killed both men in front of me. I had a slight feeling we were being watched.

"Glad you noticed." Cristiano spits out, still not looking at me.

"I'm going back now, nice talking to you, bye M, Cr7." he nodded his head at Cristiano with a smirk before leaving.

"It's Melissa," I muttered to myself as he walked away back to his table.

"Why the hell were you talking to him?" He snapped at me, grabbing my hand in his, turning us around but I retrieved it from his hold instantly.

"He told you, he wanted to help me," he took a deep breath, I could tell he was furious but I just didn't know why.

"Why didn't you ask me for help, " he asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I don't know Cristiano I didn't even have time to think, he just appeared out of nowhere." I shrugged, why was he making such a big deal out of this.

He didn't seem convinced at all, in fact, that only seemed to have aggravated the situation.

"What the hell-" before I realized I was being dragged out of the cafeteria, I tried to take my hand out of his, worried about what people would think, but he tightened his grip.

My eyes travelled around the space around us and what I saw almost made my eyes leap out of my sockets, oh God, everyone, and I mean everyone stared at the both of us, some looking utterly amused like they were watching a comedy show, while others carried a puzzled expression on their faces, probably confused as to what just happened.

Cristiano didn't seem to care and continued to drag me away without even sparing me a glance.

"What were you two talking about?" he clenched his jaw tightly, walking faster towards the elevator.