Chapter 21 - eventful party

Cristiano

A couple minutes into the party I already felt like making a run to the bedroom. If it wasn't for Isaac this wouldn't have happened in the first place. He insisted to a point where I had to say yes just to shut him up. He claimed it was to celebrate Juniors return but I know he just used that as an excuse, since the majority of the people he invited aren't even family let alone Juniors friends.

I was relieved to find some familiar faces like Marcelo and Sérgio. But that still didn't make me want to stay.

"Hey we haven't talked in a while." My friend Marcelo points out making his way towards me. We do a sloppy handshake. "Ready for the match on Tuesday?"

"Always." I answer. Wolfsburg is not exactly a strong opponent. But the first leg didn't go as planned, I had my head somewhere else, I hope we can turn this around which reminds me, I need to talk with Melissa. I'm taking Junior to watch me play, thus she has to come as well.

"I heard Junior's little hero is now living here." I roll my eyes seeing the suggestive expression he had on.

"You can wipe that stupid smirk off your face. Junior loves Melissa, so she takes care of him and does the laundry," I take a quick sip of my fruit punch.

"Is she hot?" As soon as I hear his question my mind immediately flies to those radiant blue eyes I'm getting so used to gazing at. I didn't want to admit it but she is hot. Not just hot, she's fucking gorgeous.

"That doesn't matter." Suddenly my eyes fly to Ricardo's tall figure making his way inside the garden. He's not alone, though my mind can't exactly make out who that is. I thought he was bringing Melissa. However I surely felt relieved he didn't.

My feet moved automatically towards them.

"I agree. Cristiano did a great job." I hear him say.

"I'm glad you think that." Even though I basically had nothing to do with the preparations of this event, I accept the compliment.

"You would've been lost without me." My eyes roll from his comment.

I remember there was someone beside him, watching us attentively.

"And you are?" When our eyes met, I didn't even need a response, I would be able m to recognize those blue eyes from miles away.

It can't be her.

"Melissa?" I couldn't even begin to phantom how she looked, I had no idea how I thought she was going to show up, but it certainly wasn't like this. Her body fitted flawlessly inside a tight tory dress, her curves perfectly outlined. Her hair looked stunning scraped back, letting us have a better view of her symmetrical face.

"Yes it's me." She smiles radiantly.

I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked beautiful.

Her neck was completely exposed. A mild thought inevitably crossed my mind, but I made sure to discard it immediately.

"Cristiano? You alright?" He shakes his hand in front of me, testing my patience.

"Hum yes of course." definitely way better now, I bring the drink to my mouth again. "You look beautiful Melissa."

I notice my words seem to affect her. She blushes.

"Thank you Cristiano." My name is delivered so innocently by her lips. I like it. I definitely need to hear it more often. "I mean, thank you Sir."

Fuck, I'm hypnotized.

"No, today, I'm not your boss." I smile. "You can call me Cristiano."

"As you wish Cristiano." Her smile grows.