Chapter 56 - look who's here

"I want you, I want you
To turn up on me every night when I see you
Better recognize when I see you
I really want you, you, you
Hit the club for you, you, you"

Recognize, Partynextdoor

...

Cristiano

Cristiano

Isaac was tapping his fingers against the counter as he looked out the window. Ricardo followed his gaze.

"They would make a cute couple, don't you think?" Isaac commented, my head pivoted towards outside realizing he was talking about Andreia and Toni who stood in the garden, Toni keeping her company while she watched Junior play football.

"Isn't he married?" Ricardo inquired taking a big sip of water.

"No! Can you believe that," I shook my head disapprovingly, these two spend more time sticking their noses in other people's business than just minding their own.

"Isn't Andreia older than Tony?" I can't believe they've actually turned my employee's love lives into a proper discussion.

"So? He might be into that," Isaac merely shrugged. "And I bet it's only by a few"

"To be honest I can see him more with Marta," Ricardo commented. Someone, please get me out of here.

"Marta? No, they're too different from one another," I arched my eyebrows as soon as both diverted their gaze to me. What the fuck.

"Cristiano and Mel are a distinct case," Isaac explained even though no one asked. Fuck my life seriously, I knew that letting then stay in my house would come back to bite me in the ass.

"Sure, but I would still prefer to see him with Marta,"

"Will you two shut up already?" I tried to interfere but both made the choice to ignore me.

"How about we make this more interesting?" my friend suggested with a mischievous smirk. God, he's a dickhead.

"How?"

"A bet," shit like this never ends well, especially shit orchestrated by these two nut heads.

"They've worked together for 5 years and nothing happened you really think something is going to happen now?" I spoke trying to talk some sense into those brainless beans.

"Sometimes all they need is a little push," he winked suggestively and I rolled my eyes, at least, when all of this goes south, they can't say that I didn't warn them.

"I swear to God if you make one of them quit." I voiced my indirect threat, deep down, scared for my employees.

"I'm placing my bets on Toni and Marta," he paused while raising his glass of water up in the air as if he was making a toast, "One thousand euros," Is he fucking serious?