Chapter 34 - alcohol

Cristiano

11:06pm

When we arrive, the party is in full swing and my headache is back with a vengeance. I rub my temples furiously but it's not good. I'm just waiting for my body to cope by trying to forget the pain all together. But I doubt the universe would be that merciful.

The front lawn of the gigantic rustic mansion is packed, standing shoulder to shoulder, reminiscent of those god awful animal right videos showcasing deplorable living conditions of helpless little creatures.

I follow Ricardo inside the house, people smile and wave, I get several pats on the back making me want to cut each of those hands off. Why does everyone think they can just touch me without my consent.

White bright lights hug tree trunks and hang loosely off of the ceiling. The music is loud but not so deafening that we can't speak over it. I'm grateful because the last thing I can handle right now is some band pumping some pop lyrics into my mind.

"I can't believe you've taught me into this." I state taking a deep breath. "When this is over, You're dead."

"I'm sure you'll actually thank me later." he says not affected by my shameless threat. He wants me to have fun, forget whatever has been aggravating my mind. But a bit of booze won't help me, maybe it'll allow me to forget it for a couple of minutes, perhaps hours, but forget it completely, obviously not.

Especially since I can't exactly avoid the problem judging by the fact I'll have no other option but to see her tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder if by some miracle I was able to go back 1 month ago to when I first met her.

Everything would be different today if Juniors disappearance was avoided, I wouldn't have almost lost my mind with worry and guilt, and most importantly I wouldn't have met her and basically have my heart trampled by her...

But unfortunately even though it would make my life ten times easier, I know deep that meeting her was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. But I'll never admit that willingly.

"Ricardo I'm going home now." We have been here for only thirty minutes and it was enough to make me feel sicker than I already felt when we arrived.

"You're kidding right. The party is just starting."

"And I'm leaving."

He places his hand on my shoulder and I shrug it away immediately. I glare at him as he raises his arms in surrender.

"Just have a drink with us. I promise I won't bother you anymore." I really need new friends.

"Ricardo I'm pretty sure if I swallow any more alcohol, my head will explode." He rolls his eyes thinking I'm joking. I'm not.

Before I could acknowledge what was happening i found myself following his steps towards the bar, just one drink and I'll leave.

2:18am

My hands gripped the bottle in my hands, my eyes swiveling towards the back of my head in a distressed sense of a headache. My head was pounding, at times I even felt the need to check if some douchbag wasn't assaulting it with a hammer.

I tilted my head towards the edge of the couch as I took another long swig of the dark substance that affected me. I sigh as a pair of ocean, so full of life yet so uncertain orbs invade my thoughts for the thousandth time tonight. This was only making everything worse.

Where the hell is my phone? Fuck I must have left it in Ricardos car.

My mouth was sore from the amount of alcohol that I poured down my throat yet again, I clear my throat as I stand up, just to fall back down on the couch in an unbalanced attempt to get back home,where I could feel the comfort of my bed to overtake the state of drunkenness.