Chapter 25 - jealous

Cristiano

We arrived in Germany a few hours later, I kept my eyes focused on the computer screen the entire long flight. Something told me it was my way to avoid having to start a conversation with the uneasy female beside me.

The only time my eyes left the screen was when Clary and Junior rushed to the front of the plane and knocked on the cockpit door. I immediately heard Melissa's protests, but after the pilot opened the metal door and gladly invited them in, she stayed quiet.

Yesterday I made an agreement with Zidane to let me fly solo since I wanted to ensure the best experience for my son. My team would be arriving later today on a separate plane.

This is Juniors' first match since the accident, it has to be memorable.

The moment we stepped out of the aeroplane, I saw Melissa close her eyes and take a long deep breath. Flying really isn't her thing. She looked slightly pale.

There was a car waiting for us to arrive, right in front of a long red mat rolled out on the pavement. The car would take us to the hotel.

I had noticed that it was suddenly very cold as goosebumps gathered on the skin of my arms and neck. And her shaky hands did not go unnoticed by me. I helped them enter the vehicle through the back doors and Melissa fastened their seat belts.

When we arrived in front of the giant majestic building, I felt a sudden rage once spotting at least twenty paparazzi blocking the entrance. And as soon as they glanced through the window, I was immediately blinded by striking flashes coming from the cameras.

I'm used to this, the only thing that worries me right now is the three other people inside this car. Melissa looked absolutely terrified.

How did they even know I was coming.

"Take us through the back." I communicate, the driver simply nods and begins to barely make his way through the crowd.

By now they probably already have countless pictures of Melissa, I can only fear that tomorrow she will be the cover of a gossip magazine. I can already see the headlines making assumptions about who the mysterious woman is.

"I'm terribly sorry about that, I have no idea how they discovered you would be here." the manager approaches, with us already out of the vehicle. I force a smile, something like this isn't rare, someone inside the hotel could have easily leaked that information. Now there's nothing left to do.

As we made our way towards our rooms, my first choice was to sleep with my son and Melissa and Clary would have a room to themselves, but Junior practically begged me to let him stay in their room, I eventually said yes. But only because I knew I would have to wake up early in the morning for training.

"Are you alright?" I ask her. We were now in the corridor, luckily my room was right in front of theirs.

"Yes, I guess I'm just tired," I quickly remembered how she woke up at five in the morning due to the pain she was feeling. And how she endured that pain for hours.

"I'll stay with them, you can go rest for a bit."

"What? No, that's not necessary." she protests.

"Melissa, this is an order." she's a bit taken back by my sudden change of tone but eventually agrees, I watch her enter the room and close the door behind her.

Leaving the hotel at the moment, was not an option, the paparazzi were still parked out at the entrance. Therefore I was guided to the terrace where I was told, a children's play area was situated.

"Wow," Junior exclaims.

The air was cold and the wind was strong. I could feel the hairs on my body rise as the cold wind hit my face as I sat on a comfortable bench. A few amounts of small children were playing on the various, colorful, play equipment, as their parents kept a watchful eye on them.