Chapter 19 - definitely not jealous

Cristiano

My eyes follow Melissa's figure as she slowly makes her way back to her room. I can still feel her soft skin on my hands. I stretch my arm in a failed attempt to make the strange sensation disappear, ignoring how good it felt. What the hell was that?

My mind was struggling to process everything she had just dumped on me, I seriously can't believe she used to work for me, she has every reason to hate me, especially after the way I treated her... But she doesn't, she forgave me and decided to move on.

Melissa is seriously starting to mess with my head. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since the day she moved in.

I think we've been talking way too much about this woman. She has literally been the topic of every conversation inside this house. Not to mention the fact that Junior makes sure to bring her up practically every time we speak.

Strangely, I've become unbelievably used to her presence undoubtedly quick. I feel so damn stupid. No way I'm going to let a woman like her occupy my mind 24/7.

However, there's one thing I do have to admit. All of my initial concerns about her ended to being all wrong, she's nothing like I thought she was. Only after Nathan ensured me a few times that she was an ordinary girl who just didn't have much luck in her life that I was finally able to drop this crazy idea that she was a threat to our lives.

She's completely harmless. And if it wasn't for her only God knows what could've happened to my son. She saved Junior. And I will never be able to entirely repay her. A goosebump runs through my spine just by thinking about that possibility.

I really do have to redeem myself, I humiliated and fired her with no fair cause, then accused her of kidnapping my son and having something to do with his memory loss. I really am a wonderful person. I remarked sarcastically.

I need to take my mind off Melissa even for a mere second if possible. Picking up the laptop, I make my way back to the mansion.

"Hey, what's with that "I'm going to kill someone today" face, I hope I'm not the problem." Ricardo appears literally out of nowhere.

"Maybe you are." I spit coldly. "I'll be back in time for your damn party."

"You're going out? Can you give me a ride?" he begs.

"Why aren't you driving?"

"I still don't have my car back. Maybe you can lend me one from your car collection. You won't even notice if one is gone." he asks already laughing, knowing darn well there was no way I would let him take one of my cars. They're completely out of question.

"Where?"

"I don't know, anywhere but here. Just take me to some club nearby. Your house is the last place I wanna be right now." I couldn't agree more. Currently there are like hundreds of people inside setting up decorations and getting everything ready for the party.

"Get in." he celebrates.

"Thanks." we rush to the vehicle and get inside.

After 10 minutes, Ricardo decides to break the relaxing silence that had settled around us.

"So, is Estephany coming today?" he questions while fidgeting on the radio, changing every single station he landed on.

"She has a runway it something, so she'll probably be late. " I shrug my shoulders.

"Isaac is excited. I invited Melissa by the way. I hope you don't mind." he pauses. "She really seems like a nice person. Just needs to take care of herself more. Isaac liked her, which is strange since he never likes anyone in such a short period of time."