Lachie - missing you

A/n: this is inspired by 'Used to Missin' You' by Brett Young. Such a good song! I would totally check out all his music! Also dm me requests not comment them please!

Thank you for 1.6k already! Ahh that's insane.

Lachie's POV:
I was in a stable relationship for 10 months. We both just got busy with life, which stressed us both out and caused us to argue a lot and say things which shouldn't of been said. Our relationship didn't end well. She was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with but everything isn't meant to last forever... unfortunately.

I remember. We both were having a coffee after not seeing one another for a couple of days. "I'm sorry y/n but I think we need to take a break." I told her. She smiled weakly. "It's for the best." She said. We hugged for the final time that day before heading our own ways.

- - - -

I'm moving on... slowly. I wrote all what I wanted to say and what I was feeling at the precise moment in time. The piece of paper was in my hands. I stared at it for a while. Y/n was meant to be here when I read it to her but I couldn't find the courage to get her here. So I decided to read it to myself.

It's better than nothing. I began:

"I had to take the photo of us in that picture frame down because it reminded me of what we achieved when we were together. The phone will ring and then I would think it's you but then get to it and it isn't you. I don't always think about you but when I do I can't stop thinking crazy about you because I miss you y/n."

I sighed. I let the tears fall down my cheeks.

"We used to hold each other till the morning when one of us would come home late from work. There's an old T-shirt that you would always wear of mine but for some reason I couldn't throw that out because it remined me so much of you. A broken heart is still a broken heart they say. Even when you're trying to break those memories down they still flood back when you don't need them too."

I wiped my tears but they still kept coming.

"I think I've moved on. We have to move on though. I remember this song that you would always sing so when it would come on the radio I wish you hadn't moved on. No matter what I do I can't stop missing you. There's no other way to say this but it's over y/n and I'm sorry that it didn't last forever."

I finally said. I sighed. I took the price of paper in my hands ripping it up and chucking it in the rubbish.