"What will Leia say? What if she sends me to another facility?"

"You know full well she won't. Besides, she and General Solo..."

"Oh, shut up now, Dameron!" you sighed feeling his hands slip under your shirt "If you keep talking, I'll move somewhere by myself and leave you here."

"Bullshit. You're not going anywhere!"

He grasped your hips tightly, lifting you enough for you to wrap your legs around his waist and set you down on the desk.

"Stars, I can't pretend anymore." he said, starting to unbutton your shirt as your lips roamed his neck.

Kriff, Dameron had the most kissable neck in the galaxy.

"I want to be able to take your hand...hug you when everyone sees us."

"You know I want it too, Poe. All those young girls wandering their eyes behind you... should know you're already taken."

"Do some young girls like me? Ouch!"

He felt your fingers dig painfully into his ribs and laughed. He loved teasing you. Poe instantly found your lips, kissing you greedily as his hands slipped off your shirt in a hurry.

Stars, he adored you! For over a year, he was the happiest man in the galaxy. If it weren't for the war, the Resistance, General Organa and your stubbornness... Poe was afraid of his own thoughts. It was great to have something of his own and share it with you. Although they were only brief moments - kriff, he loved them the most.

You slipped between your quarters like spies. Stealth meetings off base, excuses to spend some time together.

Dameron has agreed to pretend you didn't have anything in common just because you asked him so much. He told you many times that it was stupid, that you didn't need to hide, that General Organa wouldn't mind. However, he didn't want to waste time arguing with you, so he pretended that he was trying to seduce you and arrange a date with you so that he could at least enjoy these moments together outside of your quarters.

"I love you, Poe." you whispered into his ear, feeling his hands wandering down your back.

Stars! The most beautiful words he has ever heard. He would like to hear them every day, several times. He would never get bored.

"That's good." he replied, hearing your soft laugh, "I'd be worried if you stopped."

"You're too confident." you scolded him by taking off his shirt.

"I've heard it before, but you never really complained."

"If I could, Commander!"

Another kiss. The hands tried to get rid of as many layers as possible without having to move apart.

Poe Dameron made you feel alive. He was the most precious thing you had. He was a good thought, hope for better days to come. He was everything.

You didn't want to tell him that, but you always smiled and your heart beat mad when you met him by chance. His ego didn't need to be fed more. Poe Dameron already thought you lost your head for him.

"Leia is sending me to Jakku." he muttered as he began to slide off your pants "Super secret mission."

"That's why you're telling me about it?" you asked looking at his face, suddenly so serious.

"I shouldn't... But Leia says if something happened..."

He saw you frown. In a second, all the euphoria faded as if it was sucked into a vacuum.