- imagine #10 //

"Amazing work as always, Captain Dameron." An Officer said as he walked past, Poe giving a proud smile at their comment. "Thank you. I always do the best." He respinded as he looked at them, giving a smirk before the officer walked off, and Poe going back to whatever he was repairing on his X-Wing.

I scowled at the comment as I waited for my BB unit to be brought down from my ship. I was on the same exact mission as him — I helped him make the last shot! — yet I barely get any recognition. What about me? Surely my work is just as important as his! Ugh, don't think like that, me! Everyone's work in the resistance is important. These missions aren't for your ego, they're for the Resistance. That's how you should think. Probably better than how Poe thinks.

I groaned slightly before shaking my head, looking up and grabbing the bottom of my BB unit as we let it down gently. "Maybe I'm thinking about it too much." I whispered as I unhooked my unit, it beeping back 'About what?'. I made a silence sign before looking over my shoulder, seeing Poe climb down the ladder to the ground. 

"Another good mission. Maybe you can finish one after all." He said, fixing his jacket.

I sighed slightly before standing up, facing him. "Yeah and with no help of yours. Of course you needed my help, though." I replied, crossing my arms across my chest. 

He gave a small hum before saying, "I suppose so but that's a rare one out of how many missions?" He asked, me scowling.

 "Bite me, Dameron. Let's go." I shot, as he gave a small smirk, turning before walking away, my unit following along after giving Poe an angry beep.

~*~

I walked down the corridors before walking out, breathing in the air. "This is so much better than that stuffy quarter, right?" I asked, looking down as my unit nodded. Suddenly, he started to beep happily, me looking forward and seeing BB-8 coming towards us. I smiled at the droids, them beeping happily at each other. At least they like each other. "How about you two stay here? I'm just going to walk for a while." I told the droids, them nodding before I walked off, not really knowing where to go.

I finally sat down on a rock in the forest outside of the base, breathing out slowly. No matter how far I am from that base, I can't keep my mind away from Poe. I groaned slightly as I grabbed a small rock, throwing it aggressively to nothing. There's no reason why I should like him as much as I do, especially when I can't stand him most of the time. Remember the time he took the most important mission from you? Surely General Organa was going to give me a chance, she's a kind woman and she saw my determination before Mister Dameron came in. "I think I should take over for this mission, General Organa. I have much more experience and you know I can make an accurate shot." 

"That selfish asshole!" I said between gritted teeth, grabbing another rock before throwing it again, hitting hard against a tree. All he needed that for was an ego boost so he be as cocky as ever. It was proved to be right from his attitude towards me. We never did connect like we did with the rest of the pilots. He's the only one I can't stand... yet he's the one I'm excited to see everyday. I grabbed another rock and clenched it in my hand, yelling as I threw it. I huffed loudly as I looked down at my hand, seeing small cuts from clenching the rock.

 "Damn." I said, seeing blood start to seep out. "Stupid." I whispered to myself, before I started to walk back towards the base, just as frustrated as I came in.

~*~

With my hand all bandaged up, I walked towards the outside, hoping to find the droids back at their spots since they were gone when I came back. I looked around the area, finding the two droids with Poe near the shipping dock. I walked over there quickly, hoping to just get my unit and leave to my quarters. 

"BB!" I said as I approached, looking at my droid as I walked close. My BB beeped happily at me, me laughing slightly as I kneeled slightly to touch him. 

"Wow, you actually smile." I heard Poe say, me groaning slightly before coming back up with a plain face. 

"Yep. Something I never really wanted to show you." I replied. 

"Is it really something that sacred?" He asked, a slight smug look on his face. 

"You'd assume that, wouldn't you?" I asked, slightly glaring at him.

 "And what's wrong with that?" He asked.

 "It makes you look like an asshole." I replied, him slightly smiling.

 "Like if you don't look like one too, but no one could really say it." He said, me growling at him. 

"Never mind. I'm too tired for this." I said, looking down at my droid now near my feet.

 "I could tell. How'd you get those?" He asked.

 "Why are you so concerned about everything?" I asked, seeing some pattern in his previous questions. 

"I can't be concerned about a fellow pilot?" He asked.

 "Well, it's weird. We're supposed to fucking hate each other like usual!" I said, getting frustrated. 

"Who said I hated you?" He asked. I gasped slightly. 

"It's so obvious! After General Organa praised me after completing my first mission flawlessly that you started making these stupid jabs at me and you know I talk back. Then the way you look at me and talk to me in front of the rest of the members that makes you seem like an asshole and hate me." I explained, surprised he wouldn't know his own actions. 

"It's not that I hate you, it's...it's..." he spoke quickly, shaking his head slightly. "It's that I'm scared that I'm going to fall for you." He said, his hands folded in front of him.

"You what?" I asked, my eyes wide at the statement. What the hell is happening! 

"You heard me." He said, looking away for a moment.

 "So... talking like that was just like a coping mechanism against falling for me?" I asked. 

He smiled slightly before saying, "The more complicated way."

 I grinned. "That's... crazy." I said with a nervous laugh. "I... I would never expect for us to actually feel the same for something." I said, him smiling. 

"Really?" He asked, me nodding. "Ever since we met. Well, not the exact day but some months later, but still." I said, him chuckling.

 "That's a coincidence." He said. "So what do we do about this?" I asked, stepping towards him.

We really weren't that mad anymore very quickly. Revelations that shock you would do that. "I have an idea." He asked, taking a step towards me and his his hands coming up to gently grab my cheek and neck. His lips landed on mine as my cheeks started to burn and closed my eyes. His lips were so warm and felt very very nice. I wish this could have happened sooner. His lips started to move gently against mine, moaning slightly into the kiss. Three beeps distracted us, separating and looking next to us, seeing the droids staring up. 

"Sorry." He said, letting go.  "How about we all go inside and get some dinner? Maybe in maybe quarters?" He inquired, me smiling and nodding. 

"That sounds like a good plan." I said, grabbing his hand and him giving it a light squeeze. 

"Let's get going." He answered, all four of us walking back towards the entrance of the base.

 "I'm still mad about you taking that mission from me." I said, squeezing his hand so he would know that hadn't changed.

"I know...but you saw how much difficulty even I had with that." He said, me sighing. 

"I suppose that's true." I said. 

"I'll make it up to you." 

"Promise?"

"Promise."