- imagine #12 //

tlj spoilers

Poe threw his helmet, ignoring the clanging sound as it collided with the metal of his X-Wing, and ran his fingers through his hair with shaking hands. It was all too much for him right now. Everyone running around, alarms going off, and even BB-8's chirping.

Why couldn't you just listen to him?

No.

Why couldn't he save you in time?

Inhaling deeply, he shut his eyes closed, and felt his jaw go slack as if he was awaiting a scream to come out. He tried to block out the images of your X-Wing dodging the blasts from TIE Fighters.

Poe gritted his teeth as he punched the control panel, his chest rising and falling as he leaned his head against his seat, your voice still ringing in his ears. He tried to mute the sounds of you crying out your last words to him.

I don't think I'm going to make it.

I'm sorry.

I love you, Poe.

Poe finally opened his eyes as BB-8 beeped incoherently to get his attention, your voice still lingering quietly in the back of his head.

"Finn naked leaking bad?" Poe looked back at his droid, his brows knitted together. "Do you have a couple of loose wires there, buddy?" As BB-8 beeped once more, Poe looked over towards the hallway and, sure enough, there Finn was walking about.

As Poe got up from his X-Wing, he made a vow to himself that he wouldn't give up. He would help win this fight against the First Order.

For you.

~*~

Checking your corners, you hurried down the unfamiliar hallways in search of... well, a means of surviving on this First Order ship.

You were lucky to be alive as it was. After taking multiple hits from TIE Fighters, you should have been dead. But somehow, you managed to safely crash your X-Wing into an open hangar.

You could only hope that Poe was safe as well. Knowing him, however, there was no doubt in your mind that he and the rest of the Resistance made it away safely. Your heart ached for Poe; surely he didn't think you were alive at all, considering your last words to him.

Heavy boots pulled you from your thoughts—right now, your top priority was staying alive on the Star Destroyer long enough to find a way off. There was only one set of footsteps, so you figured you could easily take out whoever was heading your way.

Taking out your electro-shock prod, you waited until a Stormtrooper came around the corner, and sent an electrical shock to the Trooper, knocking him back instantly. Placing the prod back in your pocket, you quickly dragged the knocked out individual into an empty room.

After placing the armor on and arming yourself with her blaster, you left the Stormtrooper restrained to a metal pipe with a set of cuffs and gagged her. Leaving the room, you began to make your way to where the Stormtrooper came from.

You tried memorizing every turn, in case you became lost. Two other sets of footsteps were ahead of you, and you straightened your body as they rounded the corner ahead of you.

"KB-1827," you assumed they were talking to you and acknowledged them. "I thought you were heading over to meet with General Hux to escort him to the Supremacy? We had direct orders to do so."

Nodding, you turned on your heel and marched along with them, listening in on their conversation for any source of intel.

"Do you think this hyperspace tracking thing will last?" Your ears perked up.