- imagine #34 //

"Do you want me to sleep on the floor?" you asked hesitantly, eyeing the bed crammed into the corner of the room. You and Poe had been forced to spend the night on a planet full of First Order sympathisers after realising that your ship barely had enough fuel to get you halfway back to base.

"We're best friends! We can share a bed for one night, we used to do it all the time when we were kids," Poe pointed out, folding his arms behind his head as he stretched out on one side of the bed. You sighed; it was true, but that was before you realised you were ridiculously in love with him.

"Fine. But if you still snore like you did when we were teenagers, I'm kicking you out," you warned him, lying down beside him. He grinned, rolling over to face you.

"It wasn't that bad, was it? I seem to remember you always wanted to cuddle," he teased. You glared at him half-heartedly.

"I don't remember you complaining, Dameron," you retorted, rolling over to face the wall and squeezing your eyes shut, praying for sleep to take you before you could say something you'd regret.

"Do you want to cuddle now?" Poe asked, sounding uncharacteristically nervous. Your eyes snapped open as you processed his words.

"What?" you asked in disbelief, not daring to look at him for fear it was just a joke.

Poe sighed. "I just...when we were younger, you used to find it hard to sleep when we were away on missions, and you always said cuddling helped. I'm sorry, it was a stupid idea." He sighed. "You've probably gotten over it by now. Goodnight."

You frowned as the mattress creaked and dipped as Poe rolled over so that he was facing away from you. Biting your lip, you made your mind up.

You rolled over and shifted towards him carefully. He was pretending to be asleep, but he'd always been a terrible actor.

Holding your breath, you draped your arm over his waist and tangled your legs with his. When he didn't move away from you, you buried your nose in his soft hair and relaxed against him.

Poe bit his lip, trying not to smile as you cuddled into his back. He could feel your warm, sleepy breaths tickling the back of his neck, and your fingers traced random swirls and patterns on his stomach. Trying not to move too much, he shifted the arm that he was lying on so that he could hold your hand that you had rested on his stomach.

He couldn't hold back his smile when you squeezed his hand back.