- imagine #11 //

A roar of laughter pulled you from your task of fixing up one of the X-Wing's you were assigned. Towards the end of the hangar, you could see a group of pilots and mechanics chatting about, having a good ol' time.

You usually liked to keep to yourself, focusing mainly on work. However, there was one pilot that has been trying to get to know you a lot lately.

Poe Dameron came to you when his X-Wing was in critical condition, hearing that you were the best mechanic. When you were able to fix his baby, he was over-joyed and, since then, has wanted to be your friend. You didn't really know how to react to that, but every time Poe would come up to you, he would say a simple 'hi' or try to spark up a conversation, and you would just simple nod or give limited responses.

Looking back at the task at hand, you were reaching for a tool that should have been farther away in the tool box, but instead it was pushed into your hand. You lifted your head in confusion only to find Poe standing there himself, a kind smile on his face.

"Hi, Y/N," you could feel the heat rushing to your cheeks.

"Hi, Poe," you mumbled softly as you grabbed for the tool in his hand, which he still kept a grip on.

"I was just coming over to see if you were headed to the mess hall. A couple of us are heading over there for dinner. Would you want to come?" You looked past Poe to see the group from earlier still talking and you suddenly felt nervous.

"Uh, I would. But I really have to get this done," before you could turn back, Poe tightened his grip on the tool.

"Y/N, I know you don't think people see you, but I do. I see you. And I know that you work harder than anyone on this base. I have yet to see you take a well deserved break. Can you please join us to eat?" Pondering for a moment, you sighed before glancing at Poe.

"Not sure if you can tell, but I'm not exactly a people person, Poe. I don't really talk to anyone."

"You talk to me?"

"Only because you pester me every chance you get," you smirked back at him and he chuckled.

"Alright, alright. Wanna make a bet? If I can guess what is wrong with the X-Wing by just looking at the one tool you are using, you come eat and it'll just be us two," your brow arched and you crossed your arms across your chest.

"And if you don't guess correctly?"

"Then I get to help you fix the X-Wing," Poe threw a wink your way and you paused for a moment to think before finally nodding.

"Okay, Flyboy," you patted the belly of the X-Wing. "What's wrong with it?"

Poe pretended to really scan the X-Wing, tapping a finger to his chin, and observing the tool from earlier. "You are trying to fix... the sub space transmitter!"

Your eyes widened and you sighed in defeat. "Well, guess you won. I'll join you for dinner," Poe threw his fist in the air and shot you a shit-eating grin.

Shaking your head and laughing, you left your tool-box behind and followed Poe to the mess hall. Poe grabbed onto your hand and you tried hard to ignore the warm feeling blooming in your chest as he began to talk with you.

He didn't really get it right, but he didn't have to know that.