- imagine #27 //

The Resistance's best pilot was sitting in a cantina on the planet Tatooine, as that seemed to be the only planet to get a decent drink anymore. It was nice that the war between the resistance and the first order was relatively quiet so that he could break away, but it was also quite concerning. Poe hadn't had a free weekend in years.

Poe wasn't alone on Tatooine. Sitting across from him were his two friends Finn and Rey, and beside him was you. Poe's arm was slung lazily across your shoulders and you leaned against his frame. He was comfortable and warm and he shook with his honey-sweet laughter as he chatted. Poe was doing a dramatic retelling of a mission that the two of you had taken months prior, and you were laughing and reacting as though you hadn't heard it five times and as though you hadn't actually been there.

 Now, you and Poe were very close friends. So close, in fact, that he was always finding way to touch you in some way or another. His arms around your waist in a hug, holding you against him in briefings and meetings, an arm over your shoulders, or lifting you up when you returned home from missions. It only added to the Married Couple suspicions that everyone on base seemed to possess. You didn't mind it, though. You were particularly fond of the curly-haired pilot and his ways.

  "Wait, I'm confused," Finn paused and sipped on his blue beverage, "the last time you told us this story you had to dress as Troopers find Y/N. But this time you just dressed as Troopers with Y/N. What's the truth?" You glared up at Poe and snorted. You knew he had a problem with stretching stories to make him sound cooler and much more heroic, but you didn't realize to what extent.

"Poe," You sighed. "Are you painting yourself as the hero again?" Poe's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, and the two sitting across from you burst into stifled laughter. "I didn't get captured and Poe didn't dress as a StormTrooper. He's much too short, it'd be too obvious." The laughter continued. Poe glared down at you with his bottom lip sticking out in a pout. "If you want a real heroic story, how about the time that you saved that avian that had its wing stuck in a vine? I bet they haven't heard that one fifty times." Poe chuckled and squeezed your shoulder.

 "You're better at telling that one," he insisted. "I'm going to get a refill. Anyone else?" Finn had slurped up the last drops of blue juice in his cup, and he scooted out of the booth to follow Poe to the bar. You scooted your glass in Poe's direction, too, as there was no alcohol left.

 "Can you get mine? Please," You batted your eyelashes at him, and he didn't even think twice. He scooped up your glass and winked at you before trekking towards the bar with Finn at his side.

Rey turned to you, her lips curved around the straw in her drink and her eyebrows raised.  You mimicked her by raising your eyebrows, too.

"What?" you inquired. Rey sipped the remains of her blue drink until she was slurping air, before she finally decided to respond.

"That man is putty in your hands, Y/N," she noted, nodding her head in the direction of the smiling pilot at the bar. You watched him for a moment before scoffing.

"I don't know what you're talking about," you retorted. Rey narrowed her eyes at you. Of course you knew what she was talking about. Poe would worship the ground you walked on if it meant that you would be happy. "Seriously. That's ridiculous, Rey."  Rey just rolled her eyes at you. She slumped against the cold fabric of the booth with her arms crossed over her chest. You could sit there and argue about it all day long, and yet you would still think that you were right.

Finn and Poe were trailing back to your table and so your quick quarrel with Rey was over. Poe smiled and slid into the booth beside you. 
"What'd we miss?" Poe asked as you took a sip of your new glass of liquor. He was quick to drop his arm over your shoulders and again, you were happy and warm and comfortable. It was Finn's turn to relay a story, surprisingly one that you hadn't heard before. You laughed and reacted and enjoyed your time with your friends, as you knew it would be over too soon. You would be back on base on D'Qar, in the darkness of your sleeping quarters, just waiting for a mission to soak up your free time. You were getting antsy.