- imagine #24 //

There was always one thing you could look forward to in the run of a day in the hangar. And that was Poe Dameron. Him and his usual antics that had you shaking your head watching him leave with a fond smile on your lips each time. And it was the same as today.

"Hey, gorgeous," he winked, leaning up on the X-Wing you we're working on, "I bet Snap that I could get you to say yes to me today, so what do you say? A date? With yours truly?"

You scoffed shaking your head, your eyes never once left your work. This was normal, he'd come over each day with a different nickname ask you out in some meaningless fashion and each time you told him no. He had only ever joked with you, and he flirted with many people around the base (men and women) so there was nothing that made you special. Just the idea that you were an ongoing joke. Not in a bad way, but in a way that left you feeling sad each time. You truly liked the pilot. But you saw how he was with everyone and figured what made you so different? So you resorted to telling him no each time he made a move.

"Sorry, Dameron," you smirked sparing a small glance up at him, "Not today."

You heard the pilot curse and walk away from you. But what you never saw was the disappointment that painted his features. And you didn't see the pilot again until later that night when you were making your way back to your quarters to get cleaned up for the night.

"Hey, L/N," you stopped hearing Poe calling for you. He stopped just in front of you a smile on his lips, "Snap said he would give me one last chance to change your mind today."

You rolled your eyes playfully, "My answer still stands, Dameron," you said and began walking away.

Poe was going to let you walk away too, but his mind worked on it's own. He grabbed your hand, turning you back around to face him. A deep frown on his face as he searched your eyes.

"What will it take for you to say yes?" he asked.

"I'm sorry?"

Poe let out a frustrated sigh, his hands falling through his hair, "Why do you always turn me down? I thought you were into me."

You were taken aback by his words, this definitely wasn't in the daily routine. "You were being serious?"

"Yeah of course I was," he said, "How could I not be with you?"

You tried to find any hint of a lie in his features, but you found none. You realized that he really had been chasing after you for as long as you could remember and each time you blew him off because you thought it was just him being funny.

"Poe – I – I had no idea you were... I'm sorry," you said reaching out, your hand falling over his arm. "I just thought because you flirted with everyone that it was just the same with me. I was just protecting my own feelings..."

Poe took a step closer to you, "I like you, Y/N. I have since the day we met. I would never do anything to hurt you, or to play with your emotions," he assured you.

You bit down on your lip looking up at the pilot. His words were as genuine as his eyes. Your stomach did a few flips inside you, any doubt you had for the pilot not liking you was washed away.

"Ask me again," you told him.

"Ask you what?"

"Ask me out again."

Poe raised a brow, but complied, "How about a date, Y/N? Just me, you, dinner and the stars," he said holding onto your hand.

A smile lit up your face, and you pressed on your toes, making yourself taller so you were able to press a soft kiss to his lips. You held onto his hands tightly, as you pushed closer to his body, your stomach doing more flips than before. You pulled back a grin on your face. Poe looked star struck almost, and it made you chuckle.

"I'll think about it," you responded to his earlier question with a wink. "See you in the morning," you said continuing off to your quarters.

Poe stood there, a huge grin on his face. His heart was beating rapidly as he watched you walk away. Despite the answer, he heard the teasing tone and he saw the wink, it was your way of saying yes without saying it. Poe blew out a breath of air, sliding down the wall behind him and a giddy laugh escaped him. What he didn't know was that you were watching him, a fond smile on your face at how excited he became.

Like always, him and his usual antics left you watching him, shaking your head with a fond smile.