- imagine #15 //

request - reader name: Amy

 ゚+..。*゚+

"I'm so glad you're back," You said, burying your head in his chest. "This mission took way too long," You complained.

"I agree," he answered, kissing your forehead. "Buuuttt, there's a party tonight to celebrate that we're all alive."

"I missed fixing your x-wing, though, it truly is a beauty," You stated, completely dodging the topic of the party. "Now, I have something to do again."

"I would have given you something to do, you know," he commented, with a suggestive wink.

You shoved him away from yourself and playfully punched his shoulder. "Stop it!" But you couldn't help but grin a little too. "Besides, theres a party tonight remember?" You reminded him, mocking his wink.

"Alright, alright," he shrugged.

"Take me to my room," You laughed, jumping on his back and smiling when he caught you. You laid your head on his shoulder. "I feel it's going to take a while to get ready."

 ゚+..。*゚+

You put a few bobby pins in your mouth and grabbed a hair tie. You twisted your hair into a messy bun, but your hair was so thick and so much the hair tie broke. You sighed and grabbed a stronger hair tie. You pulled your hair up once more, taking some hair out in front of your face so you would have some hair to tuck behind your left ear. You took a flower crown your mother gave you and lay it gently on your head.

"Dress options, now," I mumbled, starting towards the closest.

"Force," you groaned under your breath, as you slipped on one of the two dresses you had. "I hate dresses."

You looked at yourself in the mirror in an orange and white knee-length dress, with a lacy top covering your shoulders and simple design over white fabric covering your chest. You held the white voile that wrapped around your waist and twirled around.

"Even though this doesn't look half bad." You smiled, putting on some white Converse, feeling you didn't absolutely need fancy shoes, since you felt the dress was already a bit much.

 ゚+..。*゚+

"Amy, you... I mean... you look...I'm-" You put a finger over his lips, quieting him down as he ran a hand through his tousled brown hair.

You smiled, since he was a very talkative person and he was at a loss for words. He thought you looked amazing and he couldn't be prouder to call you his. He shook his head and let out a nervous laugh.

"I mean, you... you look gorgeous, Amy," he complimented. You smiled and slipped your hand in his.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Dameron," You said, eyeing him up and down. "You clean up nicely."

 ゚+..。*゚+

"Not even one?" Poe was becoming weary as you continued telling him no to dancing with him every time a new song came on.

"Look," You said, putting your right foot in front of his, showing him your Converse one more time. "I am not a party girl, or a dance girl." You laughed.

Poe sighed in defeat. "I'll go get us some wine, then." He stood up. You nodded and followed him with your eyes until you couldn't see him anymore.

"Care for a round with some friends?" A voice said behind you. You jumped and turned around. A drunk pilot stood before you, holding a glass of alcohol in his hand.

"No, sorry," You shook your head. "I'm waiting for Poe..." You trailed off, realizing he was staring at your chest. "Please don't, sir." You crossed your arms over your chest, heat rising to your cheeks.

"You're Dameron's girl, huh," he said, inching closer to your face. You looked sideways to minimize the odor he was giving off, wincing. "He doesn't know how to treat you, just come over to-" His nose was an inch from your ear.

Your vision went blurry as you saw Poe pushing through the crowd, yelling. You got dizzy and listened Poe yell, "Wood! You get away from her!" He grabbed Warls' collar and started, "You filthy little-" The last thing you saw was Poe's face staring back at yours, switching from angry to worried.

"Amy? Amy! Are you okay, can you hear-"

And so, you never heard the end of the sentence, blacking out... simply because of the smell of Wood's breath.

 ゚+..。*゚+

Poe worried. Someone got around and called the medics. He was told you needed to be in your bed and he had to just wait until you woke up. He got angry that they couldn't do anything about you, picking you up, storming out of the party and taking you to your bed, since he had accepted it was simply the only thing he could do.

You woke up in your bed, with Poe pacing back and forth in front of you. You wondered how long he had been pacing.

"You're cute when you're worried," You said quietly, coughing and sitting up.

"Amy!" He rushed to your side and put that one strand of hair behind your ear. "Are you okay? Do you remember anything that happened?"

"There was a party or something, yeah," You guessed, looking down at your dress and at his suit.

"You don't remember anything else?" He asked, cautiously.

"Not at all, why?" You replied, suddenly curious.

"Nothing... I just- I want you to know that I love you for you, your personality, your character, your love for fixing thing and figuring things out, your passion, your happiness and just... I don't love you only for your body, and I hope you know that." He said, grabbing your hand as he spoke.

You were pleasantly surprised by the sudden compliment, and at first, you said nothing.

"I think you made that clear." You gazed into his eyes, and the slight bags beneath them. You got up out of the bed and hugged him, hearing his heart beat. "May I have this dance?"

He looked at you in mischievous curiosity, and glanced at your Converse that had been set by your closet.

"You may have every dance," he concluded, smiling. He wrapped his hands around your waist, lay his chin on your head and started slowly swaying back and forth.

You never remembered what happened that last night, and quite frankly, you didn't care.

As long as you had Poe.

A/N: @missletoe99 thank you sososoosos much for requesting!