- imagine #38 //

bonita: beautiful / te ves bien linda cuando te enojas: you're so cute when you're angry / me encantas: i adore you. / claro que sí: of course / no estas tan mal: you're not too bad / Dios: God

It was a lovely day, a calm melody resounded in unison making a melodic and calm atmosphere on the small repair shop. Y/N hummed happily as she moved around the small shop, even the smell of oil and the fuel of the X-Wings didn't dither her happiness. Clearly though, destiny had another idea of how the day was going to be for her.

"Bonita." Y/N stopped in her tracks and clearly tensed at the sound of the male voice. "Did you repair it? Some people have important stuff to do around here." Poe asked as he entered the small metallic structure, frowning when he saw it.

"For the tenth time," Y/N turned around and pinched her nose, trying to come up with a way to tell Poe that she was not going to fix BB-8's broken antennae again. Y/N was a mechanical engineer and not a mechatronic engineer. She didn't how Poe was labeled the best pilot in the galaxy. "My name is not bo-ni-tay or whatever you're calling me, and lastly I am a ME-CHA-NI-CAL engineer, I can't fix it." She spoke with a very tranquil voice but her face said otherwise; her eye twitched and the veins on her neck and forehead very visibly pulsating against her sweaty and red skin. She'd been working on a project for Leia and she wasn't planning on stopping to help Dameron fix something he could probably do himself.

Poe smirked when Y/N looked at him, this being the only time he had her attention on him. Other times she was busy under the X-Wings, sometimes she was laughing with other mechanics but she never looked his way like other people on the base did. For her, he was simply a pretty face with an ugly brown leather jacket. "I thought you were the best engineer on base," he said with a smirk, crossing his arms across his chest. Something fell in front of him; it was an X-screwdriver rolling to touch the front of his black boots.

Y/N narrowed her eyes and Poe simply shrugged and leaned his back against the metallic work table beside him. "You can go leave your damn comments in the suggestion box!" she growled and walked towards the small motor set in a circular, wooden table. "It's not like we read them anyway," she mumbled.

"Te ves tan linda cuando te enojas," Poe said with a small smirk on his face while he waited for Y/N to turn around and lash out at him. Y/N bit her lip. She knew a little bit of Spanish. Working on the ships that flew around the whole universe gave you a lot of linguistic skills. She shook her head and tightened her grip on the ratchet wrench and bit her tongue. Two could play this game, a small smile settled on her face and she continued to walk towards her destination.

"If you could leave me alone, Commander."

Poe rubbed his face. Why it was so difficult to have a decent conversation with her? Before all of this, they had been best friends; what happened? She suddenly stopped talking to him after he told her about his missing leather jacket. Poe told her he let Finn keep it. 

"Finn looks good in my leather jacket, doesn't he?" Y/N's eyes had a visible spark in them, wondering what game Poe was playing now. His foolish tricks didn't work on her. So Y/N continued to ignore him as she worked on the small motor.

"I'll help you."

Y/N stopped working immediately. Poe was kneeling behind her. His hot breath was just on her right ear, her heart started to beat faster against her chest and her breath was no longer steady. She was trying to loosen a damn tight bolt, and at this moment, her strength had failed her. "Let me." His calloused hand brushed her oily ones as he took the wrench out of her grasp. "Here..."

"Red suits you."

Y/N rolled her eyes and stood up facing Poe, indignant. "What are you trying to do here?"

"Me encantas."  Poe blurted out in Spanish, Y/N's ears turned pink and her mouth was agape. Did he just confess to her? But about Finn, that look that Poe gave him. She had seen all the exchanges on the open-hangar: how they ran towards each others open arms and such. When Poe bit his lip looking at FN-2187 was a dead giveaway.

"But I thought—"

Poe looked at her and took in her appearance, quite obviously taken aback. Y/N seemed to be in very deep thought. Her fingers tapped her thigh. He came to a realization."You- you know Spanish."

"Claro que sí, Poe. I'm the best engineer in the galaxy." Y/N looked up and saw Poe's face got as red as the small symbol of the Resistance of the lateral side of the X-Wing. "No estas tan mal." She smiled shaking her hand and put a hand on his shoulder. She got on her tippy toes and placed a soft kiss on his red cheek.

"How come you never told me?" Poe asked in a tremulous tone, his voice breaking at the end. He cleared his throat and put a hand on her shoulder.

"You never ask." Y/N replied softly, taking his hand off her arm with a smirk on her face she slid back under the X-wing.

"Dios, I love you."

sorta felt more oscar isaac in this than poe dameron, oops!