- imagine #31 //

angst pt 2

"A year, Austin! A year! I can't believe it I just- What did I do wrong?!" She paced back in forth, unknowing if she should scream or cry. Her friends looked at each other and then looked back at Audrey sympathetically.

"This may not be the best time, but I feel like I should say I told you so," Kylee muttered. Audrey looked at her, tears welling up before she broke down completely. Isa smacked her on the arm exclaiming "Kylee Morris!" under her breath.

She sat on the ground, breathing heavily while tears rolled down her cheeks. Her nose, eyes, and lips had become a bit puffy and pink from crying. Her breaths were shaky and heavy. They came in uneven patterns, and Austin recognized this immediately.

"No, no, no, Audrey." He was crouched beside her, gently shaking her shoulders. "Stop, you have to stop. Breathe, please."

Audrey was having panic attack.

"Audrey, breathe." He inhaled and exhaled with her, shoulders loosening as she did just that. Her sobs resolved into shaky breaths and small hiccups. She couldn't form words as her breath got caught in her throat in the middle of her words. He left Kylee and Isa to her as he went off to find the culprit of all this mess.

♞♞♞

Poe didn't regret what he had done. He really didn't. But he was still doubtful. Should he take action? Should he had just ended it with her? Why Evergreen of all people? He didn't even refer to her by her first name. They weren't close.

But the sex. The sex is what drove him. There weren't any strings attached like it was with Audrey. He didn't have to worry about hurting Evergreen's feelings. Evergreen would willingly put out for him.

But in the end, was it all worth it?

Dameron wasn't a completely cold hearted person -- he did feel bad. But was it for himself, or was it for Audrey?

"Dameron! What have you done?!" Before he could even snap out of his thoughts, his shoulders were shoved back on the brick wall. Poe didn't have time to comprehend what was happening before Austin Moore, the communication unit boy, was shouting in his face. "You worthless little rodent. You complete idiot!" Austin usually wasn't a person to confront someone with violence, but this needed to be done.

He punched him. Straight across the jaw, making Poe's head turned to the side swiftly at the impact. Austin had to refrain from holding his knuckles, as the punch had hurt him to.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Moore?! What is wrong with you?!"

"No, what is wrong with you? You're so pathetic, I just -" Austin's rage was rising at a fast rate. He drew his fist back once more, and Poe flinched.

Cold, soft hands gently grasped his own. "Austin!" The voice was hoarse. It cracked like glass, yet it was still sweet and smooth.

He turned his head to see Audrey, all in her glory, looking at him with wide eyes. She still looked like a mess, but that was understandable.

Both of her dainty hands covered his fist, restraining him.

"Gosh, Austin! We could hear you all the way from the hangars!" Isa exclaimed, both her and Kylee behind Audrey.

Austin looked from Isa, to Poe, then to Audrey. Her eyes were wide...scared...and her lips were quivering. Slowly, he lowered his arm.

Poe looked at her. The way she looked at Austin with sparkling eyes, it-