- imagine #39

It was faint at first, the disturbance in the Force. Your mind could just barely grasp it. You'd been in the middle of a conversation with Poe when your attention was pulled away from him. Whatever this was, it felt wrong. Feelings of dread and imbalance swirled around your head, the light fading away.

"(Y/N)?" You heard your name, but it was distant.

You began to walk away from him, and it was like your body was controlling itself. You needed to feel the Earth beneath your fingertips, anything to help you understand what was happening. You left the base frantically, falling to your knees once you were outside. Your palms connected with the ground, and you felt the grass between your fingers. All you could see was darkness, violence, and death. There was no balance here, no light. There was a pain in your head as you pushed further, trying to find the source. It seemed the more you pushed, the more it pushed back. Poe had followed you outside, watching you with concern as sweat formed on your brow. He placed a hand on your shoulder, but for the moment, you were gone to the world. Lost within the intricacies of the Force. A scream escaped your lips and you struggled to keep yourself upright. You kept pushing though, this was dangerous and you had to know what it was. Poe was shaking you now, a small crowd had gathered around your screaming form. Suddenly, everything went black, but not before you saw a face in your mind: your own.

Poe's heart threatened to beat out of his chest as he scooped you up in his arms. Your body was limp, your pulse was faint. Poe was yelling at the crowd to get out of his way, but he couldn't hear himself over the drumming in his ears. He should have done more to bring you back to reality, but that wasn't an option anymore. Now he had to get you to the nearest medic. He burst into the medbay.

"Someone, please help," he begged.

He layed you on a bed, trying his best to tell the medics what happened. His mind was racing though, thinking of every possible outcome to this situation, but mostly the worst one. He pulled at his hair as a medic asked him to take a step back. He noticed for the first time that his face was wet with tears.

"God!" he exclaimed, kicking a trashcan into the wall.

He couldn't lose you, not like this. Not to something he couldn't even see. The matter was completely out of his control, which tugged at his heart more than anything. He couldn't protect you, no, not from something he knew nothing about. He was helpless. He slid down the wall, his face in his hands as he tried to control his breathing. Poe wasn't sure how long he'd been sitting there when a nurse approached him.

"Poe?"

He flinched at her voice, and lifted his head. She didn't do much to keep the look of pity off her face after meeting his eyes. Poe grimaced.

"Yeah?"

"You can see her now."

Poe scrambled to his feet and followed the nurse who wasn't walking fast enough for him. She pulled back the curtain, revealing you to Poe. He stopped in his tracks as he took in your form. Your face was a ghastly shade of white, nearly matching the sheets of the medbay. Poe approached you slowly, the nurse now gone, and sat in a chair next to your bed. He placed his hand on your leg and let out a breath as he looked at your heart rate moniter. The steady beat was keeping him sane.

"(Y/N)..." he trailed off, trying to find the words, "I don't know what I would do without you, so you have to push through this. I know the Force is strong, but you're stronger."

A small smile graced his lips as he thought about you and your fiery attitude. He rubbed his thumb in circles on your thigh. He sat there for a while, a few people stopping by to see how you were doing. No one stayed long. Poe's usual confidant, rugged appearance was gone now, replaced by fear and anixety. It made them uncomfortable to see a man like him in such a moment of weakness. It was like his feelings began to rub off on them if they stayed around too long.

When you woke, it was with a gasp. You shot straight up in bed, nearly knocking into Poe who had been hovering close to your body. You grabbed his arm for support, your head feeling dizzy.

"Poe?" you asked, your eyes still adjusting to the bright light.

"Hey sweetheart," he greeted softly.

When you could finally focus on his face, your heart nearly stopped. His hair was disheveled, his eyes puffy and bright red.

"Poe," you started, "are you okay?"

"I'm not the one in a hospital bed. I'm alright, just worried about you," he paused, "how are you feeling?"

You pressed your hand to your forehead.

"My head's killing me," you confessed.

He frowned at this.

"I'm sure you'll feel better after a little rest," he offered.

You nodded and sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have any reason to be sorry," he told you.

"I should of had more control," you shook your head.

"No, no. This isn't your fault," he said grabbing your hand, "All that matters is you're okay."

You didn't respond, instead you rested your head on his shoulder. You took a deep breath, trying to relax.

"I really do need you," Poe started quietly, "For a moment, I thought that maybe I'd lose you. I can't even explain what that felt like."

You squeezed his hand to reassure him, pressing yourself a little closer to him.

"I'm here now," you said. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

He pressed his lips against your forehead.

hey. i miss you guys <3 any prompts you have after seeing TROS?