- imagine #26 //

"Nope, you're not allowed to." You said rushing after Poe, trying to get away from you.

"What?!" He said stopping his tracks and turning to face you.

"No Poe, I'm not letting you go out there and risking your life!"

"The last person I need to listen to is you, princess." Poe said.

"Don't call me that." You hated when he called you that. It was true you used to be a princess. A princess of a place that did nothing but worship the first order. You couldn't stay there and fight along side the bad. You eventually ran away to join the resistance and it was honestly the best day of your life.

"Oh sorry but what would you like me to call you, your worship? Your majesty? Your highness?"

"I'm not a princess anymore! Stop calling me those things!"

"Yea well you still act like one." Poe mumbled back with a cocky grin knowing exactly how to get underneath your skin.

"Listen here flyboy," you put your finger up to his face "if you get killed on his mission don't say I didn't worn you! And to think I actually cared about your safety!" Poe rolled his eyes and watched you leave.

"Trouble in paradise?" Someone mumbled behind Poe, it was another resistance pilot.

"What?"

"You and the princess." Pie rolled his eyes.

"We aren't together." He flatly stated and pushed past the other pilot.

-

"General! Where is Poe? It's been days!" You asked nervously. Everyone looked at you smiling at the fact that you missed Poe.

"Sweetie I already told you everything I know, he's been captured by the first order." You huffed and slowly nodded.

"Yea y/n! Missing someone are we?" You looked over your shoulder to see one of your friends.

"No." You said way to fast "it's just I-I-I....."

"Aww you're so cute, you totally miss him." Your friend smirked "but who wouldn't miss their boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend." You gritted through your teeth and your friend pouted.

"Well, then maybe he should be...." they smiled

"You would be soooo cute together. I mean even everyone else on the base agrees and-"

"F/n, no. I don't like him. He's annoying with his stupid attitude and his stupid face. His soft brown eyes that sparkle in the light, and his curly brown hair that looks-" your friend gave you the I told you face and you rolled your eyes "shut up." They giggled.

"See I told you, you liked him....."

"No I don't. I mean what's so wrong with asking if a friend is okay?" You said walking away not allowing to say anymore.

Sure you missed Poe but....wait what. You thought. You missed Poe. You actually miss Poe?!?

"Oh shit." You mumbled to yourself sliding down on the wall "how could I possibly miss Poe?"

-

"Y/n!" You turned your head at who called your name it was another pilot "it's Poe, he's back!" They said running past you, to go tell other people.

You quickly got up and ran to where the pilot came from. You ran past a few ships until you saw the familiar brown curls from far away.

"Poe!" You yelled. He turned his head and you ran as fast as you could to him. As you reached him your bodies collided into a hug.

"Poe-Poe." You started to sob "you're ok." You said breaking from the hug and running a finger down his face to check for any cuts or bruises.

"You think I was going to die, without giving you a goodbye kiss." he smirked at your new found affection. You then raised your hand and gave him a soft smack on his check.

"How dare you! Scare me into thinking you were dead!" He let out a laugh and you playfully hit his shoulder "it's not funny."

"No it's not that....it's just I didn't think you were going to nervous that I was gone...." your face softened.

"Of course I got nervous....there's no resistance without Poe Dameron." You smiled and he smiled back.

"Thanks....your highness." You rolled your eyes but slightly smiled at that.

"Awww look at the happy couple!" Your friend squealed. You rolled your eyes and back away from Poe.

"We aren't a couple." You flaty stated.

"Well not yet at least." He smiled, while your friend laughed at your expression. Poe moved closer to you and quickly captured your lips into a kiss. Your lips moved on sync. Poe pulled back after a while.

"Holy shit." You mumbled as Poe laughed.

"Was I up to your standards, your worship?"

"Well you weren't the best but I guess you'll have to do.....flyboy."