- imagine #22 //

Fighting became more intense, flying felt like suffocating, shooting down the First Order felt like a stab to the heart.

Poe was reckless, he knew that. But after each decision was already in play, and there was no backing out. Your eyes popped into his head. And he was reminded to not do things so rashly. But that was never the case.

He missed you terribly. And he knew it was a mistake leaving so quickly after marrying you. You told him time and time again that it was okay, that he had a duty. You made holo-videos and sent them to him, knowing he would love each one. And it was never long before you got a few back.

Yavin IV was a gorgeous place to live. Mind you it was lonesome from time to time. Most of those days you would venture off from the home you and Poe had and made your way to visit his father. Some days you would stay for hours, and others you would stay for two or three days. Either way, Kes always enjoyed your company, saying his time could get lonesome as well, what without his wife around anymore.

It was difficult, not being apart of the resistance, and you were tempted many times to join, but something always held you back from doing so. You didn't feel as though you we're a warrior.

Poe could disagree, he could tell you there are many things you could do around base to help out without directly fighting. But he did not want to have you in that kind of danger.

It had been almost a year since Poe last saw you, and he was desperate to do so again. He would replay your old holo-videos on repeat listening to your voice, letting it sooth his racing mind. He had to go home soon, he ached for your touch again, he longed to hear your voice, your laugh.

"General," Poe jogged to catch up with her.

"What is it Commander?" Leia asked.

"I was wondering if I could have a small leave, just a week," he asked.

"Take two," the General said without a second thought.

Poe stopped walking, slightly shocked. He thought he would have to fight a little harder for it. Leia turned with a warm, motherly smile on her face.

"I know you miss her, Dameron. Her and your father, so go. I think we can survive a little while here without you," she winked.

Poe pulled Leia into a hug, and she chuckled, hugging him back. "Thank you," Poe said.

Leia gave him a small nudge, "Go on," she grinned.

Poe took no time in getting ready, he readied his ship and was taking off. It was a very short trip to Yavin IV, and when he saw the familiar green of the trees, he felt an excitement build up in him. Poe landed the ship gently and all but fell out of the X-Wing trying to get out.

You had heard the whir of a ship, and you furrowed your brown, setting down you book as you went to investigate. You stepped outside seeing Poe fumbling to get his helmet off his head. A smile spread over your lips as you ran forward. Poe noticed and met you half way, pulling you up into his arms and spinning you in a large circle. He desperately pressed his lips to yours, happy tears falling down both your cheeks as you desperately clung onto him.

"What are you doing home?" you asked finally when he set you back onto the ground. You found it extremely difficult to keep your hands off of him, wanting to touch every inch of him.

"I missed you," he said leaning down and pressing his lips to yours again. "It's only for two weeks, but I was going to go insane if I didn't see you soon," he said.

You smiled up at him, gently brushing your thumbs under his eyes to wipe away the tears that had formed, "I would take two minutes over nothing any day."

"I love you," Poe said softly.

"And I love you," you smiled, pulling him close and holding him tightly. You weren't ready to let this moment go just yet.