- imagine #4 //

A week. Poe Dameron had been gone for a whole week and still no one knew when he would return. It wasn't like he hadn't been on long missions before, but of course, I never was a fan of them, especially when I wasn't on them with him. I grumbled incoherent phrases to myself as I worked on fixing up my x-wing. Laying down on my back, I disconnected and reconnected multiple wires trying to ignore the oil dripping down onto my face and chest.

"GD-61!" I shouted, fiddling with a burnt out wire, broken beyond repair. After no response, I groaned loudly in an attempt to get my friend's attention. "C'mon, Gee, I need a rag and some tools! Also, if you could get BB over here? Yeah, that would be great." I sighed.

"Someone's a bit needy." I heard a familiar man's voice joke.

"I can't stand you." I tested the voice, a small smile beginning to appear on my face.

"Aw, love you too, tiger!" the voice replied, a voice that sent my eyes flying open and caused my heart to start beating rapidly.

Kicking myself out from under my fighter, I bounced onto my feet, face to face with the man I had been waiting to return, a smirk quite evident on his face. Throwing my arms around his neck, our bodies collided, knocking the wind out of both of us. He gave a breathy chuckle as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"What took you so long?" I questioned, only tightening my grasp.

I felt him slowly shake his head. "Nothing big —" he began, but I already knew that was a lie. I raised an eyebrow. "I just ran into some First Order sympathizers."

Pulling away, I grasped the his shoulders and locked eyes with him. "And why does that seem to happen with every mission you go on?"

"What can I say? I guess I just have one of those memorable faces." he replied charmingly, the smirk never leaving his face. "I am the best pilot in the Resistance. Names seem to get around."

"Sure, you go with that, Dameron." I nodded, sarcastically.

"Why don't you just admit that you missed me?" He offered, one of his hands moving from around my waist to lightly cup the side of my face.

I leaned into his touch, a smile appearing on my lips. "And why don't you just kiss me already?" I retorted, sliding one of my hands from his shoulder to his neck. "What are you waiting for?"

A spark lit in his eyes before he wasted no time in closing the gap in between the two to us, his lips connecting with mine, starting off small, yet growing bigger and more passionate. His thumb began tracing my jawline as he savored the feeling of the lips that he had been craving for a week as I did the same.

I was the first to pull away, resting my forehead delicately on his, a smile lingering happily on my lips. "Yeah, yeah, I've missed you."

Copying my smile, he felt my breath on his face as he entered a state of calm. "I've missed you too, tiger, I've missed you too."

Placing another small kiss to his lips, I pulled away regretfully from my boyfriend, and instead turned to the table filled with my tools and a clean rag, wiping my face and neck from any oil or sweat residue left from when I was under my fighter, Poe watching me the entire time. "Something wrong with your fighter?" he asked me, moving closer to my figure, his hand resting on the table and his eyes peering into mine.

"Nothing serious, just a few nicks on the underbelly, a few fried wires..." I trailed off mindlessly, searching through the array of tiny tools sprawled out on the table.

He glanced from me to my fighter. "And why don't you just get a mechanic to fix it?"

After finding the desired tool, I grasped it and glanced up at Poe. "Because I'm sure I can fix my own fighter, Flyboy."

My sentence caused him to snicker. "Let me do it." he offered, his hand wrapping around mine.

Quirking my eyebrow, I tilted my head. "What? You don't think I can do it?" I scoffed.

"Hey, I never said that." he quickly defended, as he gave my hand a light squeeze. "Just thought I would offer some help."

Smiling up at him, I questioned, "You just got back from a week long mission... and this is how you wanna spend your time?"

"The faster this gets done, the faster you'll have nothing else to do, and the faster we can spend time together, have some fun." He explained effortlessly, taking the tool from my hand and, already moving to my fighter, lowered himself to the ground and slid under the x-wing.

He was under there for a matter of 3 minutes, tops, before I saw sparking lights and heard his voice again. "Help!"

"Force, Poe!"

"I'm working on it!"

"So much for 'faster', right?" I mocked playfully, folding my arms over my chest as I watched him slide out from under the ship.

His narrowed eyes looked up at mine as he gave a heavy sigh, "I guess I could use —" he hesitated. "— a little help."

Immediately scoffing at his statement, I grabbed a few more tools and scooted him off the creeper. "Get off, before you break it." I stated.

"To be fair, I did suggest a mechanic."

"And I suggested fixing it myself." I retorted, once again scooting underneath the fighter and playing with the wires that he nearly shocked himself with.

After a few tugs and rearranging of wires, I was satisfied with the job, patting the underbelly and scooting out from under the ship. "Was that fast enough?" I questioned Poe, wiggling my eyebrows as I threw the tools on the table and made my way over to him.

"Perfect timing." he replied, immediately pulling me into another kiss, which I happily returned.

Smiling into the kiss, I patted my boyfriend's chest, pulling away only for a moment. "Lets get out of here...before you break anything else, anyway." I laughed.

He admitted a light snicker as he took hold of my hand, "I can't promise the lamp beside your bed will be very safe." He suggested, very smugly.

My mouth fell open at his response, the side of my mouth lifting up into a slightly shocked smile.  "Well then, lets go, Flyboy. A week's been way too long!" I complained, with a wink.

He placed a quick kiss on my neck before he began pulling me in the direction of his cabin.