- imagine #9 //

With a spark, the access panel to Poe's door came alive and you were able to bypass the security prompts quickly to finally get the door open. You crouched down to get your tool bag reorganized before securing it shut, painfully aware of the eyes burning into your back. You looked up and over your shoulder, raising a brow at a flush faced Poe who grinned at you goofily, leaning on (more like hugging) the wall for support.

"That was kind of hot," He said, starting to slide down the wall like he was about to sit next to you. You leapt up, hands flying to his shoulders to steady him.

"I did not drag you all the way down here for you to sleep on the floor when your bed is ten feet away," You said trying to sound stern, though the smile on your lips betrayed you. "And what part of that could be qualified as hot? The part where you activated the failsafe on your door because you couldn't type in your own passcode and you had to come and get me to open it for you?"

He laughed, head lolling forward, dark curls brushing the skin of your neck as you tried to maneuver into a better position to help him into his room, his arm snaking around your shoulders.

"Well, you coming to my rescue is pretty hot, if I do say so myself," He said as you moved him forward, pausing to press the button that made the doors close. "But everything about you is. You're hot by default."

"Really?" You rolled your eyes, feeling like you were dancing around him as you removed his arm from your shoulder to sit him down on the edge of his bed. "Even when I'm covered in grease?"

"Especially when you're covered in grease."

"Stars, I'm not drunk enough for this," You snorted, tugging at his jacket to get him to take it off before you moved to pull back the comforter on his bed.

"You could be," He grumbled, though the frown he failed to keep on his face was enough to tell you he was joking. He threw his hands up in the air with a sigh. "But no, someone didn't want to celebrate Snap's birthday with the rest of us."

"I'm on call," You said with a pointed look. "It's not that I didn't want to, I couldn't."

"Sounds like a lame excuse to me," He breathed, flopping back onto his bed. You shot him an unimpressed look, hands on your hips. He merely grinned back at you, patting the bed beside him. "Come down here."

"What part of 'I'm on call' did you not understand, Dameron?" You asked, chuckling as you easily deflected the foot he'd attempted to kick you with. "And take off your boots."

He let out a dramatic sigh as he sat up (with a little help from you, of course), and you took a seat next to him as he fumbled with his boots, throwing them to the side when he was done. He leaned back on his hands, growing quiet. You glanced at him out of the corner of your eyes, narrowing them as soon as you saw the look on his face, skin still tinged with red from all the alcohol he'd consumed, his eyes burning through his intoxicated haze with a look that sent a shiver up your spine.

"Don't look at me like that," You murmured as he reached out to slide his hand over yours before leaning forward, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Like what?"

"You know what."

"Do I?" He breathed as he inched closer, eyes dipping down to your lips. "Why don't you tell me then?"

You narrowed your eyes at him again, and though there was a part of you that wanted to play this game—stars, did you want to—you still had a job to get back to. So, you at least resigned yourself to give him something to think about, leaning forward to press your lips against his. He responded immediately, his lips warm and needy, caressing your own as his hand slid up your arm to rest at the base of your neck. You broke away from him, breath mingling with his as he leaned in to match. You brought a hand up to his cheek to gently press him back as he made to capture your lips with his own again. You could feel his thumb ghost across your jaw as he pressed his forehead to yours, eyes finally opening to meet your own.

"Will you stay here tonight?"

"Poe—"

"I mean after," He murmured, his voice low as he leaned in to kiss you again. He smiled as he pulled away. "Plus, I'm probably going to have a hangover and the thought of waking up next to you sounds really good. Like almost enough to make me forget about said impending hangover."

"Almost?" You raised your brows, feigning offense as you leaned away from him.

"You know what I mean."

"Do I? You might have to tell me," You said, lowering your voice dramatically to mock him before breaking out into a laugh as he lunged forward to catch you. Given his state, you were able to swat away his hands quite easily, leaping from the bed to avoid any other ideas that might have come to him. You pushed on his shoulders to finally get him to lay down properly, making sure none of his appendages were hanging off the bed before covering him with his blankets. He laid there, grinning up at you like before. You shook your head with a soft chuckle, leaning down to press your lips to his one last time. "Goodnight, flyboy."

"Goodnight."