- imagine #18 //

It wasn't planned, this impromptu make out session. You'd initially invited Poe over for dinner before he was meant to leave for a mission. You thought a homemade meal would be better than going out, more special – not to mention that the two of you wanted to keep a low profile since the two of you only just made it official a month prior.

So, while you bustled about the kitchen, preparing the pasta you'd made from scratch, Poe leaned against the counter with a small glass of whiskey in his hand. Every now and again when you'd walked by him, he'd swipe your hip and bring you close before planting a kiss or two to your lips, then you'd concentrate back to the task at hand.

He loved seeing this side of you – the domestic beauty of you with an apron on that had the generic "Kiss The Cook" saying as you effortlessly threw ingredients together that smelled like home. Poe never liked gender roles, but he loved being pampered by you in the kitchen; your cooking was the best.

You walked by him again to grab more tomatoes and Poe decided he couldn't take it anymore. He downed the rest of his glass before setting it on the counter. Suddenly, he grabbed your waist and brought you into another kiss; but unlike this time, he didn't intend on stopping. This was much more heated and passionate than the past little pecks he'd given you before.

The two of you swore to take things slow. It had taken him months to properly ask you out after having a "no strings attached" relationship. But before even committing to a genuine relationship, you knew you and Poe had something special. Although the both of you had already gone through the intimate parts of being in a relationship, it was important to you that you and Poe didn't rush anything.

You separated; Poe pulled away and you finally took in a deep breathe. You were addicted to his kiss and if it was up to you, you would pick him over oxygen any day. When you opened your eyes, you found Poe with his infamous smirk plastered upon his face. You knew you had vowed to take this slow – to make this last – but dammit if you didn't want to jump his bones every time he gave you that look.

The way he kissed you could make you fall in love; you knew from the beginning it was going to happen. A man doesn't kiss like this and look like that without making everyone absolutely enamoured with him. Poe took so much care with his mouth against yours, his lips never failed to send butterflies to your stomach. You didn't want to rush things but you also couldn't blame yourself for wanting everything right then, right that second.

Poe couldn't stop himself when he grabbed your waist and put you on the counter. He placed an ornery strand of hair behind your ear; smiling as your eyes fluttered at the gesture. He slowly moved his hand downwards to your chin, tilting your head up slightly. His eyes caught your swollen lips and he licked his own in anticipation. Poe sighed once he attached his mouth to yours. His hands roamed your torso, absentmindedly grabbing at your t-shirt in a desperate attempt to bring your closer to him.

You were addicted to his kiss, you'd known since the first time he'd ever kissed you and you couldn't help but whimper every time Poe swiped his tongue against yours. You trailed your hands from his hips, to his chest, to his neck, before settling upon his scalp. Poe groaned as you tugged at his dark hair and you smiled at his response. You wrapped your legs around his waist, tugging him closer to you. You bucked your hips into his and moaned into his mouth as you felt his own arousal.

"Baby," he whispered against your lips, almost inaudibly. Your heart quickened at the gruffness of his voice, but you don't consider his plea. In order to silence him, you brought your hands down to his shoulder and dug your nails into the tender skin there before bringing his lips to yours once again. He moaned and tensed slightly at your touch.

"Baby," Poe said again, more forward this time.

You groaned and frowned as you pulled away to look in his eyes. "What?" you asked, a lot more whiny than you intended but fuck taking things slow was harder than you thought. How were you expected not to rush when Poe Dameron was pressed against you, hard as a rock, moaning into your mouth.

"We gotta stop," he sighed before smirking. "'have'ta take things slow."

You rolled your eyes before pushing his shoulders slightly. Squeezing his hips tighter with your thighs, you pushed yourself closer against him. Poe's teasing smirk diminished and he swallowed harshly.

His eyes were hooded and dreamy as he pressed his forehead against yours. You pressed tiny kisses on his plump lips. Poe's grip on your hips tightened at each peck.

"...but I don't want you to stop," you smirk in a whisper against his lips. You brought your hands to the collar of his sweatshirt before guiding Poe's mouth back to yours in another feverish kiss.