- imagine #36 //

Laundry was... never fun.

Your flight suit was nearly ruined with grease, and so you'd casually tossed it into a machine down in Laundry before hopping atop of it and delving into your holopad. You'd need it for training tomorrow, and luckily you'd found an open washer.

The machine rocked underneath you as passerby's came and went in the laundry room. D'Qar's facilities were outdated beyond belief and with about 8 washers and driers to service the whole base, claiming a washer was on everyone's to-do list by the end of the week.

Perched above yours like a hawk, you're glad to finally hear the machine beep in completion.

Slipping off the washer and hauling the door open, you squint before tugging your flight suit out and...

Oh.

Oh no.

"Is that my shirt?"

Poe's jaw is a little slack, eyes fleeting between you and the nearly tinted orange tunic gripped in your hands. You pause, sparing him a confused look before realizing... well... Maybe you hadn't checked well enough to see if the washer was open. Poe hadn't finished his laundry and you'd shoved your suit in with his stuff...

You snort.

"At least you look good in orange?"

Poe bites back a laugh, trying his best to hide his growing smile as he moves and snatches the shirt from your hands. He bends, hands rummaging through the machine to grab the rest of his spare laundry and you can't help but admire the back side of your Commander. Dark eyes spare you a look, brows heavyset with mock annoyance.

You grin, leaning on the machine. "Want help folding your underwear, sir?"

"Can it, Lieutenant."

"Yes, sir."

here's a short imagine just to say thank you so much for 30 000 reads. I am beyond grateful for all of you <3