- imagine #3 //

Poe was furious. Angry beyond regular anger. He didn't like losing, he didn't like watching his fellow pilots shot down from the air and he sure as hell didn't like being treated like a child.

But Leia was intent on doing exactly that. He had too much emotion on the table after coming back from that last mission. There were too many casualties and his head wasn't straight. So, she sent him straight to medical, to be stitched up and to cool down. She couldn't have an already aggressive hot headed man in command.

But that just made Poe my problem.

"Can you stop that?" He said angrily, between his gritted teeth, ripping off the sensors that the nurses were desperately trying to put on him.

"Please sit still," one of the nurses pleaded, but he continued to tear them off, he wasn't having it.

"Get off of me." He spoke back, livid, the memory of his closest friends being shot out of the sky replaying in his head. He wanted to avenge them, yet, the General has him sitting in the medical bay. He was fine. There was nothing wrong with him. He needed to get back out into the fight. Or at least that's what he thought.

"That is enough, Commander." My strong voice called from the door. He stopped fighting long enough to see me and take in my appearance. I looked just as exhausted as he did, having worked a full shift in medical, stitching up almost everyone on the base. Well, that's what it felt like.

"You're right! Let me out of here." He countered. I wasn't having it. He stood up to grab his jacket and leave but I quickly dismissed the rest of his nurses and shut the door behind me.

"Sit down." I ordered and he chuckled directly in your face.

"There is nothing wrong with me." He said with an annoyed smirk playing at his lips.

"Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion." I said with a completely straight face, not interested in playing games.

He scoffed, obviously wanting to ignore me completely and move to walk past me. I placed a hand in the center of his chest and held him in place.

"Sit down." You ordered strongly.

He didn't want to sit. He didn't want to slow down. Deep down, he knew that if he did, he may just completely fall apart, the weight of everything crashing down onto him.

But my hand was strong, and I wasn't going to move. So, he chose the path of least resistance, and backed up a step, half sitting on the medical bed.

I inched closer to him, grabbing the sensors he had so aggressively tossed to the side. I brought one up to his head, starting to place it on his temple when he hissed out in pain despite trying to cover it up. "Oh yeah, there's clearly nothing wrong with you." I muttered sarcastically, and he chuckled out in disbelief at the attitude you had.

"I have better things to do." He replied back with his voice coated in anger. I nodded, reasoning my eyebrows as I clearly disagreed.

"Sure, tough guy." I noted. I took a step closer to him and his breath caught in his throat. My legs rested slightly against his as you placed another sensor on his neck. Suddenly, he wasn't feeling so tough.

I glanced at the read out from the sensors before stepping back and grabbing some equipment to stitch up the very obvious cut at his hair line.

"You aren't going to numb me up first?" He questioned hesitantly as I moved quick with the needle towards his forehead.

"I thought there was nothing wrong with you." I mumbled close to his face as I began stitching him up, covering up my sympathy as he winced.

He stayed quiet the rest of the time, watching me intently as I stitched him up, studying my face as I moved even the tiniest bit.

Once I finished and stepped away, he sighed out sadly, wishing he could still have you close.

"Now, there's nothing wrong with you." I said half-jokingly as I pulled off my gloves. "Come back in tomorrow and a nurse will take your stitches out and will put on a new covering."

"If I don't, will you come track me down?" He said with a sly smirk as he stood up from the bench and pulled the sensors off.

"I have a hundred other patients waiting to be seen, Commander. You are not special." I added with a smirk.

"You sure as hell are though." He spoke, walking up next to you and watching you tidy up.

"If you're going to ask me out, just do it. I hate waiting." I added strongly as I turned to face him. He smiled.

"Go out with me?"

"No." I said as I moved to leave, a smirk finally coating your lips. "But you're welcome to keep trying."

And with that, I left. And Poe was immediately sure that he was going to keep trying and trying until I said yes.

One day, I would.