- imagine #30 //

The sight of Audrey Reedwen and Poe Dameron turned heads. The mere thought of Audrey Reedwen and Poe Dameron turned heads.

Reedwen, perhaps the most loyal, caring, and kind girl anyone would ever know somehow ended up head over heels for Poe Dameron. She would follow him around, a sweet smile never faltering. He would look pretty content with himself, arms linked with Audrey's own. It didn't take much to realize that Audrey was very attractive in a dreamy, almost fantasy like way. In fact, multiple men and women had asked for her affections. She only replied with a sweet smile and a polite rejection, claiming she already had a boyfriend.

Poe was no idiot. He knew that many people wished to have his girlfriend for themselves.

At first, he merely got jealous at this. How dare someone fantasize over his girlfriend?!

As days grew into weeks, and weeks grew into months, his jealousy turned into pride. She was another thing he had that many people didn't have.

The two started off hopelessly in love. Starry eyes and rosy cheeks were exchanged. Longing looks and sweet messages were sent back and forth.

Over time, Poe became more and more distant. However, Audrey stayed the same, remaining completely infatuated with him. Dameron, from a first glance, didn't seem to be as in love with Audrey as she was with him.

- the first month.

Of course, like many couples, Audrey and Poe had a phase where nothing else seemed to matter but the two of them and their love for each other. It was almost as if they couldn't be apart from one another or they would fall ill.

"Dameron! Dameron, come here!" Audrey chirped with the same giddy smile playing at her cheeks.

"Yes? Audrey, what is it? Are you injured?" His voice was frantic and shaky. The girl laughed and shook her head. "No, silly!" She spread her arms out wide. "Come here!"

Poe did so with a smile, leaning into her embrace. "What is all this about?"

"Mmm... Nothing, really. I just wanted to cuddle you. I love you, you know?" Poe chuckled softly and wrapped his arms around her, closing his eyes and savoring the feeling of his beloved breathing softly into his chest. They didn't seem to notice the dozens of pilots amongst them stare in disgust, envy, or even admiration.

"And I love you, Reedwen. Always."

- the seventh month.

While Audrey was in fact hopelessly, blindly in love, she was no idiot. She noticed when Poe avoided her affections or avoided her in general. She didn't pay much attention to it, though. She assumed she was being clingy, and her herself was at fault. Sometimes the two would be together, a joyful smile ever present on Audrey's face. But she noticed they only ever seemed to be affectionate around each other in front of crowds.

The thought that Poe may be using her crept in the back of her mind. He wouldn't, would he?

No... He couldn't. He loved her.

At least... That's what she told herself.

- the eleventh month.

It was nearing their one year anniversary. Audrey had been looking forward to this for about... Well, about a year now.

"Poe!" She just stepped off the fighter and finally got to see him. She didn't get a chance to talk to him on the mission, either from bad communication networks or the fact that Poe was avoiding her.

She tried to tell herself that Dameron didn't just roll his eyes. Instead, she focused on the smile, fake, he wore.

"You'll have to excuse me, Auds." And with only that, he left. Audrey's smile faltered as she waved goodbye and tried to ignore the stinging feeling in her chest.