XIII

Never had I been so blissful in my entire life. The sound of his laughter echoed in my ears and an instant excitement reverberated through me. It was a joyful night and the sky was embellished in gorgeous starry jewels.

He looked at me with that small smile playing on his lips and I raised an eyebrow at him. He just shook his head and looked away. "Do you believe in God?" I asked out of nowhere.

He turned to look at me and smiled, "I do. I wouldn't have found you if I didn't." I shook my head. How could he be so fascinated by me? I was just a simple human like him. But, then I adored him a lot too. I liked everything about him. He was such a sweetheart.

"Do you?" He asked staring the sky.

"Yeah!" I replied, looking at whatever he was staring at.

He set his sight on me again and stared me for long, without saying a word. Something in his hazel eyes always compelled me. I never wanted to look away. It felt like I knew him since long. Very long. And we were meant to be. But, something on the night sky caught my eyes which made me tear away by gaze.

A tiny speck of space debris burnt up as it entered the Earth. It looked like a fleeting flash of white light.

"Look! There's a shooting star. Make a wish fast." I said pointing toward the fleeting flash of light.

He looked at me awkwardly, "Make a wish?"

"Yeah! Legends say that shooting stars possess magical powers. Make a wish fast."

"That's really orthodox." He said.

I ignored him and closed my eyes and made a wish. When I opened my eyes, I saw his eyes were closed as if he was making a wish.

"What did you ask for?" I asked.

"What did you ask for, Ursula?" He asked with a small smile on his face. What could I ever ask for? My only wish for us was to be with each other forever. I knew the magical power of the fallen star was going to help me achieve it.

"I aske-" He shushed me up and looked into my eyes.

"No! Don't! You should never tell your wish to anyone until it is fulfilled." He mumbled closely.

I stared at the ceiling with open eyes. I couldn't understand anything. I just felt vulnerable and was at the verge of crying. Who was he? Why did he always show up in my dreams? Why did we talk like lovers? Why did I always regret waking up from those beautiful dreams? Why did I always want to be that dreamland and never wake up? Why did I want to be with that man who didn't even exist? Why did I always feel like I wouldn't see him next time? But, he was too stubborn and kept showing up once in a while.

I jerked up when the telephone on my desk rang loudly. I looked at my surrounding and sighed loudly.

Fuck!

I fucking slept in my cabin. I looked up at the time and realized that I had slept through the whole conference. I wiped the drool from my mouth and held the receiver to my ear.

"Ms Abraham, did you type the newsletter?" A familiar voice boomed in my head.

Oh Fuck! It's daddy! Conference must be over by now!

And no! I didn't finish my work. I was so tired and my eyestrain was getting worse.

"It'll be done in next five minutes." I replied looking at my unorganised things and turned on my laptop. I was horrified. How was I supposed to write a newsletter, up to his expectations, that too in just five minutes?