LIX

I didn't know what I was feeling but whatever it was I was glad that I had found her again. I was happy that she was my Ursula. I was happy that I was getting to meet Erin again. I was on cloud nine until I recalled what she had said about her death.

I couldn't stop myself from recalling the day Erin had passed away. The way she was smiling even when she was in pain had my heart numbing once again. It was as if I was made to live that day all over again. I was more furious when I realized what Ursula had told me. Leo was the one who hit her car.

"I'll take care of him," I told her. She smiled a small smile and nodded.

I walked into my closet and took out the gun which I had kept for safety purposes. It was the right time to use it for the right purpose.

"I want to come with you." She spoke.

"No! It's not safe. Think about the baby too." I told her. She sighed but then looked at me pleadingly. "I've wanted to see it for very long now. I have had a lot of dreams when he had harmed me. Please." She held my hand.

It wasn't safe for her but I wanted to let her have her wish fulfilled and let her live in peace afterward. For once and all, I wanted to have justice for her.

"You'll be in the car," I told her. She agreed to it and insisted to take one bodyguard along which was necessary since I had her with me and I didn't want anything to happen to her. I had lost Erin once; I didn't want to lose Ursula now.

Once we got to the café where she had been the previous day, we didn't find Leo. He was on leave today. I just needed to bribe his colleague to spill out his address. We took the road to his residence which to my delight fell in a remote area.

My heart was frozen and all I wanted to melt it again was their blood. Each cell of mine yearned so much for revenge. I was going to tear that man apart for snatching the love of my life. I had so much within that I couldn't even express that in words. There was an unusual itch in my cells. I wanted to just find solace in my woman's arms once everything was fixed.

Patrick, the bodyguard, stopped the car in front of a remote ruin. It was all full of bushes and creepers climbing over the ruins. "Are you sure this is the place?" I asked Patrick.

"Yeah, this is the address he provided." He said.

"It doesn't even look like somebody lives here." Ursula said.

"Stay here, Ursula. I'll check and be back." I told her.

Even if there was a slight chance of Leo living there, I didn't want to miss it.

When I went to the old ruin, it seemed to be clean at the entrance. I had a gut feeling that he surely lived here. I tried to push the door open but it seemed to be locked from inside. The old creaky door needed just one push to come off. With one nice push, it fell on the other side.

I entered the dark dungy place and with almost no lights. I couldn't even see anything. For a moment I thought that I was at the wrong place but then I heard her voice filled with panic. "Who's that?"

I immediately recognized her voice. It was Dana's.

"Leo is that you?" She asked. The creaky sound of the wooden furniture stopped as she got up and switched on the lights. It was a dimly lit place but enough to see my long-lost cousin who had have enjoyed a trip to jail for seventeen years. I never knew where she went after she was released from prison. Actually, I didn't want to keep track of someone who wanted to hurt my Erin.

"Brother!" She smirked. "Finally you missed me so much to visit me." She laughed; still that bitch inside her was alive.

"Dana! What happened?" I heard Leo's voice and seconds later he entered their shabby living room. As soon as his eyes landed on me, shock took over him. He looked at Dana and then at me.