XLI

I stared at the ceiling catching my breath as sweat droplets covered me utterly. It felt so different. I hadn't felt like this in ages, so impatient, so confused and so needy. I got up for the third rep of hollow hold after fifteen seconds were up.

I walked out when I heard Hazel yelling outside. She was getting too moody these days. I looked at her bodyguard standing in front of her while facing the floor.

"Stop going near my friends! That's not what you are paid for." She yelled at him.

"I was just doing what I was told to do." He replied, not even looking up at her which was something I liked about him.

"Oh! So, you are paid for threatening my friends now? Just get off my tail!" She looked pissed.

"What's going on?" I asked, stepping in. She always had a habit of yelling at him and paint him in the bad light only to get rid of him. I understood her but I just wanted to make sure that she was always with someone.

"He threatened my friend, dad. He asked him to stay away otherwise he'd make him cripple." She looked too angry.

"Male friend." I sighed. "You can leave Yanez. It's late already." I told him. He looked up and nodded. He was a nice guy. He always reported everything Hazel did in her entire day. He was the son of my father's friend's ex-bodyguard who now ran a bodyguard agency. And I found Yanez through the same agency.

"I'm not going to entertain this anymore. It's so awkward. Almost whatever I do, he's always watching. And now he started threatening my friend too." She had a deep frown on her forehead and I ignored that.

"I received a mail from Chelsea stating that you are bunking her classes since last week. May I know what you were doing?" I was really upset when I heard that. I really wanted Hazel to do her best like she always did but maybe I had been expecting a lot or maybe I was restricting her from living her life. I had to ask Yanez to stop following her to college.

"I wanted to watch the football tournament." She said narrowing her eyes.

"I think you didn't like football till last year." I inquired.

"Ms Chelsea wants to meet you otherwise she won't allow me in her class." She dismissed the topic and again brought up her professor. I nodded my head with a sigh. "I'll talk to her. And, Yanez will not follow you to college anymore." I told her and got to see a big smile on her face as she jumped to hug her sweaty father. I felt someone lick my feet and when I looked down I found the little puppy which belonged to Ursula.

"When is she going to take it back?" Hazel asked pulling away from me. She bent down and picked up the little golden retriever pup.

"Don't know." I said and turned around to leave to my room.

Everything that happened a month ago came back in my mind. She had told me that she was going to introduce me to her family. I didn't know why I was expecting her to introduce me as her boyfriend. It was slightly irrational given the relationship had just started. Still, I didn't like the way her hands were shivering. I didn't like how nervous she was.

She constantly lied about me. She lied about my age, about Hazel and about us too. She was not supposed to hide anything from her parents. Being a father, I wouldn't like it if my daughter hid something from me. I'd like her to talk to me straight, be whatever it was. And I wanted her to do the same to her parents.

I was expecting her parents being against us and I was ready to deal with them but what was the use when she was so confused about everything?

With a sigh, I picked up the towel placed on the table close by and strode to the bathroom. I got inside a bath to shun my fractured nose from getting wet. I closed my eyes and relaxed resting my head back. I remembered how her father asked her mother to take her inside and show her a few things she had brought for her. I already saw it coming that it was the point in time when her father wanted to have a nice talk with me.