I

They say you don't fall in love with a body. You fall in love with a soul and when you fall for a soul, everything about that body becomes beautiful.

Was it true?

Of course not! In my opinion, people were always biased. They loved people they were attracted to. If you are not beautiful outside, you aren't given a chance, be how beautiful your soul is. Souls aren't valued anymore. Faces are!

I checked the time on my wristwatch and dug my hand into my handbag. I pulled out my medicines and gulped down the bitter pill which I had been taking since thirteen.

"Ursula!" I turned my head to see Rose who was trying to keep up with my pace.

"Will you speak? Why are you giving me this silent treatment, bro?" She frowned.

"I'm not." I shrugged, adjusting my umbrella. It was a really sunny day. Sun and I were enemies. It just burnt me.

"Ursa, bro, this is not done! C'mon, this isn't the first time someone broke up with you." She yelled chasing me.

"Can you walk faster? We have to reach in ten minutes." I hated my clumsy friend but I loved her too. She was clumsy but I was clumsier and she took care of me as a mom. Rose, was a beautiful, smart ass woman with a super slim waist and thick thighs. Had it not been because of her cousin's reference, my résumé wouldn't have been shortlisted. She was my love.

"Bro, at least walk slow. And why are you upset now? It was all your fault. It's always your fault " She yelled at me coming right in front of me.

I sighed in despair. It was always my fault. I knew it.

"I know." I replied.

"I just don't understand why do you cheat on every boyfriend of yours?" She asked, almost complaining. I knew she was sick of handling my mad, crazy ex-boyfriends.

I didn't know why! Every guy I met in the past was somehow never enough for me. I always wanted more, not physically or emotionally but a validation of maturity. To be honest, I was weird.

Was I a villain? Just like my name? I knew, everyone is a villain in someone's story and I was in my ex-boyfriends'. They always had good names for me. But what was my side of the story? Who was I?

Maybe, I was still figuring out!

I had questions. I had issues. I was strange. Everything with me was just so strange. And then, I thought people around me were weird. Then, I thought the whole world was weird. And, likewise, the whole universe was?

Of course, weird!

"We reached! Finally!" Rose exclaimed.

I looked at the huge glass skyscraper in front of me. Aero Herstellung was written in bold cursive letters. The only motivation for a clueless youth like me was the company was of high repute and the stipend was too good for an intern. It was so good that Rose and I could go to the club every night.

"Rose, the next six months will be fun." I was so excited.

"Damn you! You can never change your ways. Think about the company name mentioned in our résumé once we complete our tenure here." She was mumming again.

"You are boring!" I shrugged.

"At least, I'm not a cheater." She mocked me again.

I ignored her. Well, it was what I had earned. I never found anyone, I would want to stick to. Fucking novels had raised my standards about men too high that I didn't like anyone around anymore.