XXXIX

Everything looked the same as that of eight months ago. My mother left to call my father who was in his study preparing his lectures. Sugar daddy and I sat in the living room waiting for them. I turned my head to look at him and saw him looking around, scanning his surroundings.

I was still so nervous. I didn't know how my parents were going to react when I would tell them that I wanted to stay in NYC for two more years to pursue my masters. I was cent per cent sure that they would never allow that still I was hoping that they actually understood.

I looked up when I heard the commotion down the stairs. I looked up to see my dad following my momma. When his eyes landed on me a happy smile made its way up to his lips. He had put on weight and I could see some of the round belly too.

"Dad!" I rushed to hug him as soon as he was down the stairs. He hugged me with a big laugh. "Ursa, my little baby." He chuckled patting my hair. He pulled away and looked at me from head to toe.

"You were right, Suzan. She has indeed put on some weight." He commented, looking at my momma who just smiled in response.

"You have too, dad." I replied patting his little belly. He laughed and patted my cheeks.

"You didn't even notify before coming." He said walking straight toward the couches where my boyfriend had now stood up. He looked quite uncomfortable and maybe was regretting the idea of accompanying me.

"Yeah, I wanted to surprise you." I told him to which he just shook his head with a smile.

I followed him as he shook hand with my sugar daddy. "Hello, Mr Collins. I am Ulrich Abraham." He smiled and asked him to sit. I went to sit near my dad and my mom sat by my side holding my hand.

"He is Ursa's boss." My mom told my dad to which he nodded.

"No, I'm not her boss." Sugar daddy replied instantaneously.

My mom frowned and looked at me which made me bite my lip. Did he want me to tell them that he was my boyfriend? The notion itself made me apprehensive. I looked up only to stumble on him staring at my hand which was quivering.

"I mean not anymore. Today was her last day as an intern at my company." He replied which made my mom snicker.

"Oh! Yeah, she did inform us. I'm glad she completed the internship. Initially, she was finding it too exhausting but I'm glad that she managed it perfectly." She said to sugar daddy who nodded still staring at me.

"What company was it?" Dad asked, trying to memorize the name of the company.

"I have told you countless time over the phone." I elbowed him lightly.

"Aero Herstellung!" Sugar daddy informed him.

"Yeah! That!" Dad's eyebrow rose and he nodded his head. "So, are you, content manager, there?" He asked sugar daddy.

"No! But, I approve the writings." Sugar daddy informed him.

"That's nice. How much do you earn monthly?" Momma asked bluntly and I mentally facepalmed myself. "I mean, they were paying a hefty amount to an intern, the revenue of the company must be too good to pay an employee." She said.

"Momma!" I slapped her lap lightly.

"Well! Yeah. The pay is good." He shifted uncomfortably on his position wanting to run away. He gestured me to talk to my parents about what we were here for.

"I have to tell you guys something." I said to my parents who were sitting on either side of me. They looked at me instantly with big frowns on their head.