XXIII

"Stop moving. It'll be ruined." Levi scolded me. I gasped when I felt the burning sensation on my waist again. I was already regretting getting tattoo. I couldn't say no when he asked me to be his canvas.

"Okay, now this will hurt. The iliac crest is really close."

No! I wasn't ready for this. "Can we do it some other day?" I asked.

"It's almost done. Just five minutes more. I already love it on you." He said, pushing me go on my side. I laid sideways and he started doing it again. The pain was making me shake badly and he kept on reminding me time and again to stay still.

What felt like hours of torture finally came to an end when he said, "It's done." I got up from the couch and went to the mirror. A huge smile formed on my lips when I saw my mother's portrait inked on the left side of my waist. It looked so realistic as if I had stuck her picture there. Levi had paid attention on even the minute details. He was so perfect.

"It's so beautiful." I turned to look at him. He was keeping his inking instruments in his bag.

"Is it?" He asked.

"Yeah, thank you. I just can't wait for it to heal. She'll be very happy." I was excited already.

He smiled back and collected his things to go but I didn't want him to leave yet. I didn't want to be surrounded by four wall again. Rose was busy at work and would come back by six in the evening. I would go mad, thinking about stupid stuffs and my stupid love.

I didn't want useless notions to occupy my head. I didn't want to reply to endless messages of sugar daddy's daughter or think about the déjà vu moments. I needed Levi with me. We could have so much fun together.

"Can't you stay for more?" I asked.

He looked up at me with a amused grin. "You'd lose again."

"This time you'll lose." I betted.

"We will see tomorrow. I have to go for an interview." He replied.

"Interview? For what?" I asked.

"I'm thinking of leaving my current job. My employer makes me work overtime and he doesn't even pay me for that." He sighed. With that nature of his, I was sure he wouldn't have ever said no to his employer. He could never say no.

"And what if you don't get a job?" I asked.

He twisted his lips while thinking. "There'll be no worries. I have many sources to earn from. But, till then, I'll give my interview at Perforar. Let's see if they like my designs and take me in." He said, picking up his bag.

"When is the interview?" I asked.

"At four." He replied.

"Then, stay for lunch. You can leave at three." I pleaded.

"You want me to stay?" He asked.

"Yeah. We can play or watch Netflix." I suggested. He agreed and kept his bag on the table. We played Helicopter airfight and as challenged I won this time.

I ordered burgers and fries for us. I was very lazy to prepare lunch and the game was really getting interesting. At the last level I lost the match.

"I had told you. You can't win with me." He said relaxing back on the couch.

"Let's play again." I said.

"No! I'm tired of focusing already." He said. "And yeah, please keep applying the cold gel on the tattoo. And do not wash it for next forty eight hours." He instructed.