30. Virginity and Soulmates

Start from the beginning

Amaal squealed with joy and hurried to him. He was pushed forward as she jumped on him, climbing on his back.

'Oww!' He exclaimed but was surprised as she planted a kiss on his cheek.

'I am so happy you consider me as your friend.' She pressed her cheek against his bare neck. Haider gulped, held her arms, and separated them. Amaal huffed, bouncing on the soles of her feet.

'Do I look like Vikram to you?' He frowned at her and Amaal laughed, throwing her head back.

'Why? Am I behaving like Betal?' She responded, clenching her stomach, and leaning forward. Haider's lips curled into a smile as though on its own accord. Then, he felt bitter after his mind reminded him that the woman in front of him was Mikael's twin sister. He turned around and furiously looked through the clothes.

'By the way,' -He paused passed a glance at her from the corner of his eyes, then looked back at his clothes, - 'congratulations to your brother.' – Amaal's laugh instantly died out. Haider turned around clenching on the clothes he had selected. She looked clueless.

He smirked sarcastically at her, - 'As if you don't know,' – he walked towards the door, - 'Your brother is getting engaged to—' He paused.

Amaal folded her arms and looked at him with curious eyes, - 'Are you still sulking over Alina?' She wondered. Haider looked miffed at her and flatly denied but avoided looking at her. She sighed in exasperation and held his arm,

- 'Come sit with him.' She pulled him. He protested but quickly gave in. Quickly, he wore another Tee as they sat together on the floor.

'How many women have you dated?' She straightway asked, resting her arm on the bed, and leaning her head against her knuckles. Haider frowned,

'Excuse me?'

Amaal exhaled deeply, - 'See, Alina is definitely not your first and she won't be your last. That is for sure.' She shifted leaning and pulled her legs against her chest.

'Why are you annoying me? I love Miss. Alina.' He said with a serious tone, glaring at her. Amaal clicked her tongue and shook her head.

'But she doesn't.' – She held his shoulder, - 'I thought you were over her.'

Haider snorted, - 'You can't get over true love. Tell me,' – he shifted, - 'Can you get over, Zaroon?' He gulped softly, knowing well he was venturing into sensitive territory.

Amaal smiled slightly, - 'Your situation and mine are different. Zaroon loved me but Alina—Anyway,' – she took a deep breath, - 'Answer to your question is, No. I am not over Zaroon, I can never be. But—' she lowered her head briefly, then she looked up at him with confidence, - 'As I told you, I am still waiting for my soulmate.' – She paused, held his shoulder, - 'Zaroon was my first love, true love but he wasn't my soulmate.' – she licked her lips, - 'Maybe Alina isn't your soulmate, either. Look ahead and search, you will find someone soon.' Amaal hit his arm lightly with her fist.

There was silence between them. Except for the rhythm of their breaths and gently thudding on the glass window and balcony door by the breeze. Haider kept staring front at the heater while Amaal observed him keenly.

'Before Alina, I had a strong feeling for another woman.' – He let out a shaky breath, - 'Roma.'

Amaal shifted closer, - 'Roma Subberwal, as in Miss. India.' She pushed back her bangs and blinked excitedly at him. Haider sighed, nodding his head.

'She was a close friend of mine and she was the longest relationship I had. But it ended in a disaster when she chose to marry business Danny Subberwal.' – He huffed, his head lowered, - 'I was upset for at least three to four months. It was my lowest time. She was my only friend. And with her betrayal, everything fell.' He exhaled and looked up, blinking rapidly.