29. I Love You!

Começar do início

'Hmm, Mikael. You are multi-talented.' She complimented with a genuine smile. Mikael patted her head and thanked her. Alina giggled and leaned back resting her weight on her palms. After half an hour, she groaned when he informed her that he was done. Mikael chuckled in response as he climbed down the bed. Before he could walk away, she held his wrist and he paused on the spot. He looked at her and their gaze locked together. Alina exhaled deeply and stood up, letting go of his hand. As a gesture of gratitude, she hugged him.

'Thank you for everything, Mikael.' She exclaimed, snuggling her head against his chest. He let out a breath and wrapped an arm around her.

'I am so lucky to have you in my life.' She further added. A serene smile plastered on her face. Mikael held her shoulder and parted them, he frowned at her.

'Um, not yet. We are still deciding, right?' He said with uncertainty. Alina scowled at him.

'Even after all this. You aren't sure? Are you—having second thoughts or something?' She felt her heart flutter with nervousness. She looked at him with batted breath and worried gaze. Mikael thought for a while and shrugged,

- 'I told you before, my opinion is secondary—'

'No, it isn't.' Alina screamed interrupting him. Mikael shut his mouth and leaned his head back. She exhaled loudly, clenching her forehead. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and looked at him.

'Mikael, tell me what do you think of us? Why are you hesitant? Do you not like me anymore?' – she held both his hands, - 'Have you fallen in love with someone else?'

He stared sincerely at her with his lips tightly pursed. Alina blinked at him. A sinking feeling overtook her serenity, her heartbeat began to resonate in her ears.

'Are you having second thoughts?' – she licked her dry lips, - 'Did this idea of living together backfired?' Alina tugged her hair behind her ears and gaped at him.

'Alina, relax!' – Mikael held her shoulders, - 'I am clear about my feelings for you. But what about you? You had someone in your life before me. Who do you love?'

Alina moved his arms away and took a step back, - 'I am clear about myself too, Mikael. You tell me first.' She crossed her arms angrily.

Mikael sighed, - 'From my side, I think informing your parents about us will be good.' He tilted his head, examining her expressions.

Alina frowned and shrugged, - 'Why?'

He pressed his smile, - 'So, they can decide how things will be done from here.' He said. She was still confused.

'I am not understanding?'- she squinted her eyes, dropping her arms, - 'What are trying to say?' – she paused, - 'I am saying that I love you. What are you saying?' She blurted, blinking at him.

Mikael chuckled, - 'I am saying the same thing.' – he paused noticing her facial muscles relax, - 'I love you, Alina.' He confessed.

Now, Alina's heart pounded with excitement. She kept gaping at him, wide-eyed and with open mouth.

'OMG! Did we just randomly confess? And in our nightclothes.' She looked amused. Mikael nodded looking surprised himself. Even though they confessed by speech, deep down they knew their feelings for each other.

Alina took a deep breath, tiptoed, and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling him down. Mikael gasped, but she silenced him with a kiss. Just as he was about to kiss her back, she broke the kiss and gazed into his eyes, - 'I love you, Mikael.' She whispered against his lips and smiled with their gaze interlocked.

'I love you too, Alina.' – He held her waist, lifting her off her feet. She giggled wrapping both her arms around his neck. Mikael pressed his lips against her mouth, and she parted her lips. As they kissed passionately and leisurely, Alina's toe curled with pure ecstasy.

After the kiss, the two lay in bed cuddled together, comforted by the warmth of each other. Alina ran her palm over his chest and patted his heart, - 'So, you are serious about informing my parents? What about you?' She asked mindlessly. She frowned feeling him tensed up under her. She raised on her elbow and looked at him. Mikael had his jaw clenched and kept staring at the ceiling.

She shook him gently, - 'Mikael.' He kept silent and then exhaled deeply.

'I am no longer in touch with my family. I am sorry, I can't help here.' He said simply. Alina felt curious, she shifted closer, rested her chin over his chest, and began to fiddle with the strand of his hair.

'Why?'

Mikael sat up, startling her. He shook his head. She sat up and held his shoulder. Her silent gesture helped him calm down a little. After he narrated everything about Amaal and Zaroon, Alina was dumbfounded listening to everything that passed them.

'I was there. I saw him. How he was bloodied and in front of us, in Amaal's arms he took his last breath. She was beyond shattered. It impacted her so badly, the effects are still there.' Mikael's voice croaked. Quickly, Alina wrapped her arms around him, and side hugged him.

'Okay, Mikael. You don't have to relive the nightmare again.' She rubbed his shoulder. Mikael inhaled deeply.

'I love my sister. I wish Amaal finds love. She deserves to come out from this loneliness.' He commented and Alina nodded in response.

'She is a brave woman, Mikael. No one can say that she has gone through so much. She is strong.'

Mikael nodded, wiping his tear from the corner of his eyes. Alina hugged him for some more time, then stood up suggesting they order food from outside. He simply nodded in response and commented that he wants to rest. Alina nodded and gently closed the door as she walked out.

One hour later, the food arrived. After placing the food on the dining table, Alina carefully opened the door and noticed Mikael had fallen asleep. She decided to not disturb him and left his food in the fridge.

Glad Alina and Mikael have sorted themselves *_* But poor Amaal *cries* Don't you, my lovelies, think she deserves love ;)

Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *Hugs and Kisses*