Chapter 3: But you can call me babe

Start from the beginning

I go to my seat at the back of the class and make a replica of what the guy is doing next to me.

"Hey hottie," The boy smirks over at me in my unladylike position as Ms Lenten rambles on.

I don't believe in unladylikness. It's sexist.

"Ugh, you ain't got a chance." I say, disgusted.

"Name is Spencer but you can call me babe." He laughs at his own joke and right now I am going to start a fight, he is really getting on my nerve.

I ignore him and my thoughts and pretend to pay attention in class.

When class finishes I get out of the classroom like lightning and get completely lost. I end up next to a building which I have never seen before in my life.

I look around helplessly until I hear a voice behind my back. "You want some help there?" I turn to see a smirking face of the one and only Spencer. Was he stalking me?

"I'm good." I lie.

"Really? I already know your not going to give in to being lost, so I'm going to escort you to your next class because I insist."

I give him a look, but not rebut because I need someone to take me to my next class and he was good enough.

"Well, what is your next class, show me."

I show him my timetable.

"Great, Mathematics, I'm with you."

"Then why are you here?" I gesture the space around us which doesn't look like a classroom to me.

"Well, I was gonna skip because of some...uh things, but I found you." He sweetly smiles at me.

I do not even want to think what 'things' he needed to do, that's disgusting. Oh no, I'm already thinking.

We make our way towards our classroom. As soon as we reach it, Spencer doesn't care if the whole class notices we're late because he just bursts through the doorway making all heads turn towards us.

The teacher looks towards us and a smirk forms on her face, she was only in her early twenties by the look of it and seemed pretty hippie and laid back.

"Any reasons why you and..." She bends her head around Spencer to see me, "Your friend, are late?" She raises an eyebrow at the both of us.

Everyone in the classroom starts laughing. Spencer looks around in triumph.

I push past him to get in front and face the teacher. "It is not what you think, I was lost because I'm new and this fudging idiot found me and brought me here." I look behind me, giving Spencer a glare.

"Okay, I believe you!" she says, smirking as the classes laughing dies down. "Spencer, sit over next to Ella." she directs Spencer. "And uh,"

"Sam." I add.

"Great, Sam, call me Mrs Posy" She smiled replacing her smirk, "Go sit behind Jake, Jake wave your hand for Sam."

I look over to the class to see any waving hands.

A boy stands up a waves his hand waving frantically "Clumsy!" I notice his voice before his face with a cheeky grin planted on it.

"Oh my god, kill me now!" I mumble but because my mumbling is pretty loud so it would be understandable if the whole class including the teacher could hear me.

I plonked down in my chair and lay back closing my eyes to block out all the faces looking at me.

"How are you doing? Hitting it off with Spence' I see?" I open my eyes after a few seconds thinking if I really want to see Jake's face.

"Ew! I found him wandering around and he insisted on showing me to my next class. I would never hit it off with any guy!" I furrow my eyebrows in disgust "oh, and girls."

Jake busts out in laughter. I try not to make my face flood a red colour but I may of failed.

I'm joking, I keep my pale skin from going pink.

"You're too cute, Clumsy."

"Yeah well I'm trying to focus so, scoot around and pay attention to class." I sneered.

He didn't reply but still stared at me with a genuine smile and didn't budge. I tried to ignore him pretending to look interested in class even though I honestly didn't even know what we were learning.

It was almost impossible to resist the temptation to look back at Jake.

Finally class finished which seemed to last forever. Most of the people were looking at us trying to link us up on how Jake and I would know each other.

~~~

I look around the massive cafeteria. I do not have my work cut out for me. I get my choice of food, people inspecting me because I am new I guess, but I didn't give a peach.

Literally though, I would never hand over my peach.

I sit down at a table alone. After a few minutes, a group of boys burst through the cafeteria doors loud as can be. I noticed that in the mix was Jake and Spencer.

I looked back to my food which I was currently enjoying, paying no attention to the group.

When I was close to finishing my meal, I loud bang from a tray bashing onto the table next to me making me rip my eyesight from my food. Jake sat himself next to me, focusing on his meal.

"And this is my queue to go, I'll hopefully not see y'all later." I announce to the group placing themselves on my table which I'm sure isn't meant to hold that many people. I even notice a few girls in skimpy outfits walking towards the table.

I stand up from my seat.

"No, don't go!" Jake pouts at me.

"I know I'm awesome and everyone wants to be friends with me, but that's just not gonna happen."

"Okay, but Clumsy, meet me in the same place we were this morning." The group had stopped talking and was listening into our conversation and some other tables close to us.

"I'll try and make it but it's gonna be tough with that busy schedule of mine." I glare at Jake knowing that he finds it hilarious inside him that what people are thinking about us is wrong.

While I won my stare off with Jake, everyone starts to resume their conversations they were having before.

What is it with boys trying to use me for their own and other's personal amusement.

•*•*•*•*•

Starting a new school is always hard, isn't it?

Anyways, hoping you are all enjoying it.

Comment and vote,

tell me what you think!

Stay funky <3

Bella x