Heather[3]

"I wish I were Heather."

-

"Good morning students and teachers. Just a quick little reminder that today is the last day to sign up to preform at the talent show next week. It's also the last day to buy tickets, so if you haven't already, when you get a chance, go to the office to buy some. Have a nice day." The counselor spoke over the intercom.

"Already right class get back to work now." My math teacher demanded.

It had been a week since the argument I had with Harry. He hadn't apologized for calling me a bitch, and I haven't apologized for snapping out on him, so we're not talking to each other anymore now. I know it's a stupid reason to stop talking to your friend over somebody they like, but I'm just too stubborn, he's just too stubborn to apologize.

Today was the first time four years Harry had purposefully not walked me to my classes. Of course he couldn't do it when he was sick or something, but today he just watched as I walked alone.

He had asked Heather out and seemingly gotten together with her over the weekend. The only reason I know is because he would rub it in silently. Staring at me when he walked her to class,holding her hand arm over her shoulder. Stared at me while he ate lunch with her, hung out with her. It was like a slap in the face, like Harry was silently trying to tell me 'fuck you.'

Everybody was talking about them being together. They're like the it couple, the otp, of the school. The only things I've heard today were 'Did you know Harry and Heather are together?' 'What do you think about them dating?' 'I love them so much together, they're so cute and pefect for each other.' 'Their ship name should be Steather.'

Steather was a terrible ship name, plus it was getting annoying, fast. I can't say I don't miss him because I do, but I can't tell him that I like him. Atleast not in person.

I got up and left the class not caring if the teacher got mad at me. I was heading towards the office to sign up for the talent show. I know in the beginning that I told Harry I wasn't going to sign up, but I've clearly changed my mind.

I had an idea on how to tell Harry that I like him. In a song. The day of the argument, as soon as I got home, I wrote a song showing my feelings. I thought it'll be the perfect idea to then sing this song at the talent show.

"Hi, I'm looking for the sheet to sign up for the talent show." I said to the desk clerk.

"They're right here." She pointed to a stack of papers in a little, purple container. "Here's a pencil."

"Thanks." I began to fill out all the information on the sheet.

Name? Y/N L/N.
Grade? Eleventh.
Talent? Singing.
Title of peice? Heather.
Original or cover? Original.

I placed the sheet of paper in the small green, tray that had a sign that read 'completed sign up sheets here'

As I turned around, I accidentally bumped into someone, also causing them to fall down. I catch them before the do and help them up.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized. "I wasn't looking where I was going and I wasn't paying attention and and-"

"Calm down don't worry about it. I'm fine." I recognized that voice somewhere. Heather.

I looked at her and guess what she was wearing? Big surprise...the sweater. "Yeah yeah ok."

"So are you signing up for the talent show too?" She asked me.