Dare or Scare

a/n this imagine is inspired by the movie Uncanny Annie. FYI this is a long one so grab your snacks.

Warnings: Suicide

The same words over and over again scattered all over the floor. DIE. DIE. DIE. DIE. What have we done?

Four hours earlier

"So what's the move for this Halloween?" I asked sitting down at the lunch table.

"I think Taylor's throwing a party tonight at midnight." Gigi said.

"I was thinking." Liam pulled out a board game out of his backpack. "We could play this game."

He placed the boardgame Dare or Scare on the table.

"Ut Uh. No way. I'm not playing that." Zyan argued pushing the game away from him.

"Yeah mate. Count me out on this one." Louis agreed.

"Wait hold on. What's going on? Why don't y'all wanna play?" Eleanor questioned.

The whole table fell silent and stared at her.

"You've never heard the legend of the game Dare or Scare?" Niall said in disbelief.

"No I haven't. Is that a problem?" Eleanor inquired taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"Yes." Everyone said.

"Legend has it once you start a game of Dare or Scare you HAVE to finish it. But here's the catch, the deeper and deeper you get into the game, the harder the dares are to finish. If you don't complete a dare, you'll have to face the consequences." Liam explained. "So, y'all in or what."

"I mean it seems cool. We should do it." Harry said.

"Yeah." I agreed. "What's the worst that could happen?"

*

*

*

"Liam I keep forgetting your house is this big." Niall says checking out the home.

"Thanks mate. Anyone want anything to drink?" Liam offered.

"Um yeah. Do you have any beers? Because if I'm gonna play this game I'm gonna have to be on one." Zyan asked slouching down on the couch.

"Yeah same here. Can you get me one?" Louis asked.

"Sure thing, let me go get them real quick." Liam came back shortly with three cases of beers. "Just incase anyone else wanted some."

As soon as he placed the beers down, everyone grabbed one.

"Cheers!" Gigi squealed beer accidentally getting on her shirt.

"Cheers."

*

*

*

"So, can someone explain to me the rules of the game again please. I forgot." Eleanor said.

"How about we read the instructions." Harry said grabbing the instruction paper.

"How to play: The player will pick up a card from the dare pile to complete. The player will be given one minute to complete a dare using the minute hourglass. After the player completes the dare, grab the letter next in sequence to spell the name of the game. If the player fails to complete the dare within the minute, they must pull from the scare pile. The player must complete the scare before the time runs out, or they'll lose the game."