Heat

It was hot. I'm talking ice melting in the freezer hot. The high for today was supposed to be 94°F. And the worst part about it was that our air conditioning had broken down the day before.

Harry was on the bed while I was laying on the couch. I couldn't even pay attention to what was on the t.v. because it was so hot. We had the lights off with every fan blowing against us. Every window open, trying to catch a breeze.

Ice cream, popsicle, and fozen yogurt containers and wrappers were scattered on the ground. We hoped that by eating them they would cool us down. They did, but only for a little while.

We were laying here in shorts and tank-tops, anything else would be too restricting.

"Fuck I'm so hot." I groaned huffing and puffing.

"I know right." Harry agreed.

"No like I'm really really hot." I said breathing heavier and faster. I started to see big, black dots clouding my vision.

Ominous P.O.V

"Y/N. Y/N. Are you okay?" Harry asked running towards her side. Harry tried shaking Y/N, but she was unresponsive.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." Harry panicked after realizing Y/N stopped sweating.

Y/N was having a heat stroke. Her skin was red, hot, and dry. Her heartbeat was beating fast. A little too fast.

"911. What's your emergency?"

"Our air conditioning broke and my girlfriend passed out, and now I think she's having a heat stroke."

"Ok sir. Can I get her name, age, and your address?"

"Um her name's Y/N L/N, she's 24 and we live at *insert address*."

"Ok sir. Help is on the way for miss Y/N. While you're waiting for them to arrive, bring her to a cool, shady area and take any additional clothing off of her."

"Ok."

"Ok. Apply ice packs to her armpits, groin, neck, and back."

Harry rushed to the kitchen grabing frozen peas, strawberries, and chicken bags. He placed them where the operator told him to.

"Ok what now?" Harry asked.

"Just do everything you can to keep her cool until the ambulance gets there."

*two minutes later*

*sirens*

EMT rushed into the room where Y/N was located. They put Y/N on the gurnee, caring her into the truck.

"Can I ride in the back?" Harry asked one of the EMT.

"Um yeah sure. C'mon."

The ride to the hospital wasn't that long. As soon as they got to the hospital they got Y/N to the emergency room.

*

*

*

*knock knock knock*

"Come in." Y/N croaked voice hoarse.

"How you feeling babe?" Harry asked sitting down on the chair next to her.

"Terrible."

"Aww baby I know I know." Harry rubbed his thumb over Y/N'S hand.

*knock knock knock*

"Hey miss Y/n how you doing?" The doctor asked.

"Terrible. I feel so tired."

"Yeah well that's a side effect of having a heat stroke." The doctor said. "We're gonna have to keep you here for three more days just to make sure you'll be ok.".

Y/N groaned. She hated hospitals.

The freezing cold temperature, the weird bleach, alcohol, and feet smell, the needles. Oh how she hated them. Feared them.

"In the mean time we're gonna have to give you a IV to give you the proper rehydration after losing all that water."

Y/N'S eyes went wide after hearing the word IV.

"No no no no no no no." Y/N shook her head quickly. "I don't wanna. Can't I like just drink some water?"

"Unfortunately you cannot. IV would be the quickest way to hydrate you." The doctor said getting the bag and needle ready.

"Y/N Y/N. Calm down. Just let them man do his job." Harry said holding YN'S hand.

The doctor slowly moved the needle into her viens.

"After about and hour we'll take it out."

"Ok."

The doctor left them alone in the room.

"Whew. I'm gettin tired." Y/N said eyelids batting open and closed.

"I can tell. Take a nap babe. You need one."

"But-"

"No buts take a nap. Now."

"Yes sir." Y/N chuckled.

"Yeah yeah. Love you." Harry laughed back.

"Love you too."

❤Savannah