Sign of the times

a/n Y/F/N = your friend's name
this imagine is inspired by Food_Is_Meh_Drug and Resident Evil 3

"They told me that the end is near
We gotta get away from here"

Government- the relation between a governed and a governing word.

Most people would think that a relationship between the people and government should be a good, trusting healthy relationship. And to those people I say you're right. But in this case you're unfortunately so so so very wrong.

When you ask most people how it all started they'll tell you some bullshit lie the government said to cover their asses. But not me. No I know how this all truly started.

They wanted to see if they could control people again, like they tried to do in the 1950-60s with project MK Ultra, but with this time dead people. They would try to bring dead people back to the point where decomposition would completely reverse, but their brains would still be dead.

They hired Dr. Allard and his team to conduct the experiment. At first all was well and the experiments were highly successful. But things went downhill, and downhill fast.

It all happened when one of Dr. Allard's assistants, Nurse Cyrus, accidentally forgot to pour the chemical that makes the subjects all the way human again into the mixture. Instead of turning them into brainwashed citizens when they injected the shots, it turned them into vicious, heartless man-eating zombies.

As soon as word got out that this happened, all the government officials fleed the town, leaving us, the people, behind. I wouldn't have a problem with that if they only gave us more resources to go around for everyone in this big ass town. I've tried to leave multiple times, but most subway stations are disconnected, helicopters and planes don't work, and most cars are either infested with dead bodies, shot up, or out of gas.

There's this rumor going around that Dr. Allard made a vaccine before he left alongside everyone else. So that's were I'm headed off to. Find the vaccine and a way to leave this shit town.

*

*

*

"AHHHHHH!"

We heard a scream in the distance probably another random person getting eaten.

I was with my crew, a.k.a my boyfriend Harry and my friend Y/F/N, reloading our guns and grabbing more supplies at the abandoned police station we claimed to be our base.

"C'mon we should hurry up and head out before they get too close." Y/F/N said.

Yeah you're right." Harry agreed stuffing some granola bars and mini water bottles that he found in his backpack.

I grabbed my gun walking out the door first. I peered out the door checking to see if the coast was clear.

"Ok guys the coast is clear you can come out-" I shot the zombie I saw sprint towards me "now." I said.

"You alright?" My boyfriend questioned giving me a quick kiss.

"Yeah let's go." I said.

We were heading towards the subway to see if the trains were still working. We could take one to the police warehouse to steal a helicopter and finally leave.

*

*

*

After about twenty minutes of walking we finally made it to the subway. As we began to turn a corner, we saw a herd of zombies dashing towards us.

"FUCK!" I yelled as we began shooting all the zombies.

"Ahhhh!" I turned around to see Y/F/N getting ambushed by zombies. I quickly fired the rest of my round into these beasts' heads.

"Shit. You already right?" I asked jogging towards them. "Did you get bit?"

"No. No. I'm fine."

"Good. Good. But be more careful we don't want to have to shoot ya." Harry said.

They glared at Harry. "Yeah ok I get it. Can we just get back on track and go?" Y/F/N persisted.

"Okayyyy. Yeah c'mon." I said walking away.

*a few minutes later*

"Ou. Look over there." Y/F/N pointed to a sign with the subway passages on it. "It says that we're at the East S-train station, and we need to travel north in the direction of the control center to see which trains work. Right?"

"Yeah, you're right. But I think we should also split up." Harry spoke.

Y/F/N and I looked at each other to confirm what we just heard. "I-What? No. Are you crazy, you want us to spilt up. That's literally how everyone dies in movies. No. No. No. We are not splitting up." I argued.

"Just think about it. One of us can go to the control center and the other two can go to Dr. Allard's laboratory to see if he left some of the anecdote." Harry reasoned. "We always have our walkie-talkies so we can stay in touch."

"I mean I guess. I'll go to the control center." Y/F/N offered.

"Ok. And I'll go find the anecdote." I called out.

"I'm coming with you." Harry said. "We'll meet up at the control when we finish alright. Stay safe."

*

*

*

"DAMMIT!" I screamed as I ran out of ammo. I swiftly pulled out my machete chopping the off the head of a zombie darting towards me.

"Ah. Fuck!" Harry shouted as a zombie jumped on him back and bit his shoulder.

I ran to the zombie yanking it off of him and impaling my machete through its head. I walked over to Harry, checking out the bite.

We had already made it to Dr. Allard's laboratory, and to our surprise Dr. Allard was here. But dead. Blood painting the walls a deep crimson red. His intestines were sprawled out on the ground, chunks of his neck were missing, and his arm was gone.

We continued to search the area when a sworm if zombies ran towards us. And now were here, my boyfriend now infected and slowly turning.

"Uhhh." I grunted as I lifted him up onto a testing table. I strapped him down on the table so he couldn't get away. I placed his gun near him just incase some zombies broke in.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna get the anecdote." I explained to him trying not to panic.

"Ok but Y/N" he said lightly touching my hand "If I turn and you can't find the vaccine p-please sho-"

"Ok I-" I paused looking up to the ceiling blinking away tears. "I'll do it. I love you." I said.

"Love you too baby."

I grabbed my backpack, machete, and a bat and ran out the room. I only had about twenty minutes until he fully turned. Once he turned, there was no healing him. He'd be gone.

a/n ugh this is so trash, but I'm thinking about making a part two. Anyone want it?

Savannah